• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Is 100% Being Cut

Is your alternate ID your phone #? Actually, don’t answer that, just change your alternate ID.
Back when I was in college I could just about always get a discount at chevron stations by just testing local area codes with 867-5309. Somebody caught on eventually and those numbers (and 123-4567) stopped working.

Yep, this has been going on ever since they invented unleaded fuel. Ever notice that mpg hasn't ever increased on the newer cars. The model T got 30mpg. I had a economy car in the 70s that got 30mpg. My wife has a Toyota that gets mid 20s. While technology has improved fuel economy, the government has increased emissions standards that decrease fuel mileage all while the fuel you buy doesn't produce the same energy as well. So higher priced cars and fuel all at the same time. My Dodge Cummins used to get small truck mileage. When they changed to ultra low sulfur diesel I started getting in the teens. Then they started making larger less efficient engines to go in the new trucks to make up for the difference in power loss with the new fuel. As a result, you guessed it lower fuel economy. The only thing that did improve fuel economy was a hybrid or full electric car. They make it look like they're giving you something, but fact is they're digging you a deeper hole to crawl out of.

ima just buy non ethanol from QT. **** it.
That's it, I just try to buy decent fuel and don't try to worry about the rest......If they can sleep at night with what they're doing, what are us common folk going to be able to do about it.......The elections will come again......

I read that 40% of US corn goes to ethanol. Annual subsidies to ethanol producers is something like $7 billion in tax breaks. The EPA keeps increasing the amount of ethanol that refineries must use in total. Brazil is the second largest producer of ethanol in the world, but they use sugar cane instead of corn and they consume most of it domestically. The US imports ethanol from Brazil and then exports even more ethanol to Brazil. It's all very confusing. Don't put it in your lawn mower.

Could be from these HOT days too.....
Thanks Bill, was hoping some1 would mention that.
Also make sure your air cleaner filter is clean and that
your tires are properly inflated. A good wash & wax
might restore the low drag coefficient the manufacturer
was bragging about. I ran the non ethanol gas hoping
for better mileage. Not enough to notice and certainly
didn't make up for the higher cost. Probably makes more
difference to the older cars. These new ones with all the
new technology and run by computer probably run on
any flammable liquid.
Behind a lady (in a car) today that had her brake lights on
half the time. Straight road, no traffic, didn't matter. Nobody's
told her it's alright to coast. Right foot not on gas it must be on
brake. Not only decreases her mileage, shortens brake life.
Don't want to leave out the ones driving their fwd vehicle same
as they did their rwd vehicles. Nobody told them it's different.
Oh well, they'll probably make it from point A to Point B and back ok.

Back
Top Bottom