• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas prices finally starting to affect Harley Owners

My Harley gets over 40 mpg summer and winter. I wish I had a nice Triumph or BMW but it is what it is
So with Harleys travelling in groups of at least 5 (usually)
that be 40mpg each bike so = 8mpg. And let's say minimum
$18K per bike = $90K Those old guys and their old ladies
could be riding in a nice motor coach for same cost.
Of course have to add some for the fridge full of cold beer
and the grilled brats or hot wangs

Don't be jelly of Harley owners and work on your math reasoning skills

Don't be jelly of Harley owners and work on your math reasoning skills
Jealous of Hardley owners? Surely you jest.
My math skills not too bad for 69 y/o stroke survivor
but my reasoning skills definitely took more of a hit.
Plus 90+ degree temps can affect a lot of people's
thoughts process.
My old 1980s lawnmower konked out a few months ago.
Last few rows on it's last mow it sounded like:
Tater, Tater, Tater, Puh Puh Puh Puh Tater Tater.......
Figured time to either check the oil or add butter & sour cream

I Love my bike, it was a gift from my brother about a decade ago. He brought it to me to put in my name so his whore wife didn't take it in the divorce. One Dec 25th a few years later he called me and and said Merry Christmas the bike was mine. I absolutely love that bike

Was riding behind a Kawasaki Vulcan chopper and all of a sudden smoke started pouring from the bike. Pulled over to when he did to see if I could help thinking it was the motor but it was actually his mono shock he had just paid to have it installed. Bike just sat down on the rear. Destroyed his rear tire because an air hose coupling broke. He live in Newnan and was headed home. He called a flat bed because you could not get to the pump without taking the bike apart.
Pulled over Saturday to help a goldwing out. Oner said it just shut off. Asked did he needed me to call a flat bed he said he already did. Gave him a bottle of water and headed down the road.
I had a 1990 Fat Boy that left me stranded in Helen and waited for three hours in the freezing cold to get a flat bed to come get me and bring me back to Canton. After that I went a purchased a slightly used Street Glide and I purchased a new Street Glide in Decemebr 2019. Ride it to jobsites during the week and the weekends. Probably will be my last Harley but I'll ride until I can't..........
Tonys Harley.JPG

You clearly dont understand
A-the appeal of traveling by or riding motorcycles
B-the cost of "nice" motorhomes

Was riding behind a Kawasaki Vulcan chopper and all of a sudden smoke started pouring from the bike. Pulled over to when he did to see if I could help thinking it was the motor but it was actually his mono shock he had just paid to have it installed. Bike just sat down on the rear. Destroyed his rear tire because an air hose coupling broke. He live in Newnan and was headed home. He called a flat bed because you could not get to the pump without taking the bike apart.
Pulled over Saturday to help a goldwing out. Oner said it just shut off. Asked did he needed me to call a flat bed he said he already did. Gave him a bottle of water and headed down the road.
I had a 1990 Fat Boy that left me stranded in Helen and waited for three hours in the freezing cold to get a flat bed to come get me and bring me back to Canton. After that I went a purchased a slightly used Street Glide and I purchased a new Street Glide in Decemebr 2019. Ride it to jobsites during the week and the weekends. Probably will be my last Harley but I'll ride until I can't..........
View attachment 4422588
Thats the first bagger I have seen I would own! Nice scoot!

View attachment 4422588
I really like that color, is it a copper, red, red/orange? It looks good

Back
Top Bottom