• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas prices.....

It was around .80-90 cents. I remember my poor ass 16 year old self could put $5 in and actually get past a quarter of a tank.

a little under .50 cents. full service stations and real gas. not this crap today with corn in it. the tv got three channels and two of them were snow. you had to get up to change channels. am radio was king and fm radio was hard to find in north georgia.
When I first came down here I drove down I-95. Car only had AM/FM. In eastern NC, I hit the search button, and the radio ran thru the entire FM range and kept going. Not a single station to pick up.

I made up a wire system on top of the house trying to get FM radio but it did not work. Late at night sometimes I could get WFLI jet fly to come in and out. In the early 70 I could get a station out of Chattanooga. Local AM radio came on at 6 am and off at 6 PM. Played old school c&w, big band, and gospel music.

About a $1 per gallon when I started driving then there was a price decrease about 1986-87 where it dropped to 58 cents per gallon for a short time in Macon (I remember this since I had to change the price signs 40 feet up in the air).

Cost adjusted for inflation gasoline is cheaper now that it was when I started driving.

I don’t remember when I started paying attention to gas prices, but hardly remember anything under $2/gal. Was out in Cali last month and gas was $4.15/gal. $4.49 to refill the rental at the airport. Jesus H Christ.

Back
Top Bottom