• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas prices.....

I remember the gas crunch of the late 70’s and the old analog pumps only had two digits so they had to get creative with the math when the price broke $1.00/gal...they’d put up a sign that said “pump price is half of actual price.” They rolled back the pump to $0.50/gal...So if the pump read $5.00, you owed $10.00

I traded my four-banger Toyota in for my first V-6 in 1995. I was pissed the first time I filled up the tank and gas went from .71¢ to .74¢ in one day.

But I remember the QT on Buford drive at 316 dropped to .63¢ a gallon in the late 90’s for a brief period.

I remember Katrina hitting in 2005 and gas passed $3.50 a gallon while my big V-8 was sucking it up at 12mpg.

I remember the gas crunch of the late 70’s and the old analog pumps only had two digits so they had to get creative with the math when the price broke $1.00/gal...they’d put up a sign that said “pump price is half of actual price.” They rolled back the pump to $0.50/gal...So if the pump read $5.00, you owed $10.00.
Signs would read something like 113.8 cause the pump read 56.9.
I also remember when the govt (fed, I think) said no way to that, and stations had to replace all pumps.
Don't know if you had it down here, but up north (NJ, PA) had odd/even rationing - based on your tag number you could buy gas only on certain days. My father got new tags consecutive, so they could always fill up one car.

It was .29.9 for regular when I started driving in 1966. I saw it get down to .16.9 during some gas wars. Amoco white, which I ran in my Yamaha 180 motorcycle was .33 which Supreme was .32

In England in 1973 on base it was .74 and off base it was 3.47 per Imperial gallon

I remember the gas price wars between QT and a racetrack “not that long ago” in the mid 90’s. Sometimes gas was .79-.89 cents a gallon.

As we complain and moan about the price of a gallon of gas...

I laugh when I see people paying $1-$3 for 20 ounces of bottled water. That’s $6-$20 a gallon of WATER. They pay this without even thinking because they think it’s “healthy” and then they complain when gas prices go up. Cracks me up every time.

I remember the gas price wars between QT and a racetrack way back in the mid 90’s. Sometimes gas was .79-.89 cents a gallon.

I laugh when I see people paying $1-$3 for 20 ounces of bottled water. That’s $6-$20 a gallon of WATER. They pay this without even thinking because they think it’s “healthy” and then they complain when gas prices go up. Cracks me up every time.
Please don't say WAY BACK! Just refer it to, Might I suggest,,And to think not long ago!! Respectfully DD :becky:

I remember the gas price wars between QT and a racetrack way back in the mid 90’s. Sometimes gas was .79-.89 cents a gallon.

I dont buy bottled water,EVER

Back
Top Bottom