• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gave the new .44 a shine!

Idk why but i can NOT stand that type of revolver. that style to me is so uncomfortable to hold and just plain out doesnt look good to me. But i love the look of smiths and colts. That grip does make it look a lil better but the ones with wood grips are just... :puke:

They do have a weird angle. I have a ruger single six that is the same way. Just takes getting use to. Drawing from a holster is actually a lot smoother then a standard grip.

400 grains of nastiness, .454 Casull (and some .410 PDX1s for good measure):
i51.tinypic.com_294oq3c.jpg

Idk why but i can NOT stand that type of revolver. that style to me is so uncomfortable to hold and just plain out doesnt look good to me. But i love the look of smiths and colts. That grip does make it look a lil better but the ones with wood grips are just... :puke:

Yeah, people either seem to love it or hate it. I like how Smiths and Rugers feel. But yeah, I just can't shoot a big-bore revolver with wood grips, that's just asking for stress fractures.

I really like your .44 jwhited, looks pretty cool. And dang Soviet, post a warning in the title block when something it going to blind me!!

Thanks, man. That's one of the few guns I own that is completely off-limits for trading. Probably the only thing I would even consider trading it for would be a Super Redhawk with a 9" barrel. :D

Thanks, man. That's one of the few guns I own that is completely off-limits for trading. Probably the only thing I would even consider trading it for would be a Super Redhawk with a 9" barrel. :D

this is the thing I liked about the smith. I wanted the smith with the 8 3/4 inch barrel. Well, midway can order the barrel for 189.00. So if I choose to want the long boy one day, I can order it and have my smith put it on!

Back
Top Bottom