• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GCIC/NCIC serial number search on used firearm

Greg_D

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
Anyone use Marietta PD/Cobb County PD/Acworth PC to request GCIC/NCIC serial number search after purchasing a used firearm?
I assume you would need firearm in hand.
Do I leave it in the trunk and go into one of the offices and ask if they perform these services?
Request advise from LEO's or anyone that has personally done this.

thanks in advance,

I traded with an Police officer once. He called a number and ran the rifle before the trade. However, apparently it is not available for civilian use. So, short of having a cop friend, I doubt it.

I have called my local sheriff office several times to have numbers run. The last time I did it was a little aggravating. They acted like they didn't want to.

They should not run any serial number on any item without that item being there in front of them. That way they can take the item as evidence in case it is stolen. You can call the non emergency number to your local dispatch and they will send a deputy/officer to your house to run the item if they are not busy. You don't have to take it to their headquarters. Use common sense anytime you are doing so. Let them know the exact location of the weapon and ask them how they want you to present it to them. Again, use common sense.

I haven't run one in years, but yes they did. I called about the first few I purchased off this site. And several more before that. The last time I called they asked if I had the gun and told me a deputy wasn't available at.the moment. The called me back about 30 min later and checked it for me

Back
Top Bottom