GCO Sues Corps of Engineers Over Right to Carry On Corps Property

tmoore912

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
Last edited:
Paulding County man sues to bring gun to Lake Allatoona

A Paulding County man and a gun rights group have filed a lawsuit to force the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow firearms at Lake Allatoona campgrounds and on the boat ramp and at other lakes operated by the federal agency.

The suit filed Friday said the decision by the commander of the district that governs Allatoona and other lakes in the Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint River Basin was unconstitutional when he denied David James’ request to be allowed to bring a gun with him on his frequent camping and boating trips to Lake Allatoona northwest of Atlanta.

“He goes there nearly every weekend in the summer and camps there a few weeks a year,” said John Monroe, the attorney who filed the suit for James and the gun rights group GeorgiaCarry.org.

James said he usually camps at McKaskey Creek three or four weeks in the summer and his family takes their boat to Allatoona virtually every other weekend so his 9-year-old daughter can ski.

James asked for permission to bring a gun to the campgrounds and boat ramps “for the protection of himself and his family” but it was denied.

I will make GCO a contribution towards this.I`m a member,anyway.The COE is also planning to do away with the campground hosts.These are the folks who you pay to camp or launch a boat.They keep the hoodlums at bay until they can get a LEO on the scene.COE wants you to put money in a box.Honor system.Allatoona is a hornet`s nest of drunks,druggies,and hoodlums.Until the hosts were put in place,there were gangs that roamed camp-to-camp looking for trouble.There have been rapes,robberies and murders on this and other COE lakes.Illegal or not,I don`t go on a Corps.lake unarmed.BTW,COE rangers used to be armed until one in Ga.shot a fleeing 15 year-old boy in the back.The kid,and some other kids were being unruly.When the rangers approached,the kids ran.This was in the 70s.I have DNR friends who told me that they won`t go on Allatoona with their family, unarmed.Me either.

Ga_carry_logo-1.jpg

ICYMI: Today was suppose to be oral arguments in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in the Idaho lawsuit Nesbitt v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

The government canceled the hearing at the last minute..........

“On the eve of oral arguments before the Ninth Circuit in Seattle, federal lawyers filed an emergency motion stating their clients’ intention to ‘reconsider[] the firearms policy,’ which the panel granted moments ago,” said William Perry Pendley of Mountain States Legal Foundation. “We are pleased the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will at last comply with the Constitution.”

https://www.mountainstateslegal.org...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#.WLnluvnyvIU

Trump Administration Seeks Resolution of Idaho Woman’s Army Corps Gun Ban Battle
Mar 03, 2017 | by William Perry Pendley

GeorgiaCarry.Org's oral arguments are to take place April 9th, and I'm hoping the government cancels that hearing as well. Big News.

ICYMI: Today was suppose to be oral arguments in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in the Idaho lawsuit Nesbitt v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

The government canceled the hearing at the last minute..........

https://www.mountainstateslegal.org...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#.WLnluvnyvIU

Trump Administration Seeks Resolution of Idaho Woman’s Army Corps Gun Ban Battle
Mar 03, 2017 | by William Perry Pendley

GeorgiaCarry.Org's oral arguments are to take place April 9th, and I'm hoping the government cancels that hearing as well. Big News.
So can we carry while fishing now or what?

Back
Top Bottom