• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gem Capital Gun show....Cumming, GA July 13-14

I was there with my son, my friend From Gears to Survive (Mark) was checking the guns coming in the show. I had the ugliest Daniel Defense M-4 at the show. Everyone, was trying to buy it from me at a lowball price. I needed a Sling piece and Sling for my rifle. Found with no problem, then bought 5 AR-Pmags for $45.

went to the last one,typical gun show pricing.Saw some good folks but nuttin to buy.
All I bought was this Marlin model 75. Pretty decent shape for its age, no serial number so pre 1968 I think. It wasn’t an impulse purchase, I went hoping to find a decent model 75 and got lucky!
D7048B8A-B69F-4D65-950C-354DF7250ADC.jpeg

3237C9ED-2A53-4764-9790-A4194EBB05A3.jpeg

Edited to add a bit more info. After I got home I gave the bore a quick swab, loaded up 5 rounds and went out into my back yard to check functionality. It went bang and cycled every round very well. After swabbing the bore again I checked it out, nice and shiny with good rifling. I think this one will be a keeper. That little Tasco is going to have to go. Even though it was bright and sunny when I was shooting looking thru the scope was almost like having sun glasses on. I don’t know if a good cleaning will help or not. If not I have some other fixed 4x32 scopes that will work well on this.

Well I was there, saw a guy with a moto helment and jacket, but didn't know you was ODT...

Didn't see anyone with a move and shoot or odt shirt though...

Sorry I missed all you guys........did meet some nice guys though including the Chief Of Police from McCaysville..........

Well I was there, saw a guy with a moto helment and jacket, but didn't know you was ODT...

Didn't see anyone with a move and shoot or odt shirt though...

Sorry I missed all you guys........did meet some nice guys though including the Chief Of Police from McCaysville..........
alleycat alleycat and I was there just after it opened for about 1 1/2 hrs. Sorry I missed you!

Ya'll must have snapped up all the good deals. Only left me the $4 MREs.

Saw some interesting stuff there, but prices seemed a bit inflated. Must be that lake living $.
There was plenty of overpriced stuff there for sure. Guy I bought the Glenfield/Marlin from was willing to negotiate, he came off the asking price by $45.00 so I was pretty happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom