• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gen 2 17l crimson traceintegerated to frame. Any one seen this? (Pics included—SOLVED

not a zombie fan

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
72   0
Reaction score
30BCF11E-43DC-49A5-91F5-795AEF03DA71.jpeg
B1C1CC58-CEA5-4129-9394-F4115AFFA09D.jpeg
BA48CD4C-C2ED-4821-A02D-2C1A1B697064.jpeg
BAC6659B-20C3-4BCD-9AF5-D1D67DE3575D.jpeg
So i picked up a 17l gen two for a really fair price. Not treefiddy but not 650 either. 525 but with a crimson trace in the add. Honestly didnt look too cloce not a nything Ive ever caref about but could give somebody a great deal for 50 or 100 bucks and walk away 200 bucks under the odt price on longslides.

I think cts are pretty nifty but the whole point is the rangefun with irons on the L-not where id generally be interested lazer beams-those are more for mounting on sharks heads in my inderground lair. Or a quick couple bucks ain my pocketsweet kickdown for someone into them. Id jump on a gen 2 for the asking price all day an the ct was just a trinket Purchase not based at all on that.

I picked it up, the barrel in great shape, springs toght and trigger light. Trader not a jerk or anything just not interested in my shenanigins wants to see my license, get his money and go but real quick showed me the ct worked not that I really cared. Probably went and smoked a cigar or buildt a race car or sipped manly liquer that would be burny and make me cough and do politics or prepping...i dunno-just something more dignified and manly and productive than talk with an idiot in a parking laking bout guns or his neato car and no interest in ct anymore than i got knowlege.

But when I get home-this little doodads neithe a rail mounted(no rail) triggergaurg mount thats pretty big nor grip. Tge activate button is seamlessly integrated into the actual frame in the position where tha clamp on ones buton is but internal not clamped on top. The laser is indeed on the triggergaurd but contoured where the ergoes damn near match stock and its a third the sixe of any of the triggergaur one I ever saw. Master on/off switch and I guess batteries

Sorry-finishing above post-battery stuff look to be in magwell.
Pics provided comparing triggergaurd to my 34-most unobtrusive Ive ever seen-activation button is part of tge frame-hope pics can show its internal. And I always thought batteries were In the gaurd mounted ones or same with the mounted on the grip. The baseplate in the magwells Ct, appears macined from the factory as such and has a well fitted retetionn pin.
Nothing looks like an ODT “custom” glock, it appears factory-everythings seamless.Was there any special run or am I just missing a model. If they were all as unobtrusive as that I may have sought one out earlier-they just seemed to make ergoes weird, require funny holsters and become the focus of the weapon instead of a potentially usefull feature that i could use if I wanted but not in the way at all.
Also-there was somewhere beween an “operator” a secret agent and a guy who just likes having the cool **** that makes people give me the cool points of having some **** nobody else can have and a begrudging acceptance that this could be awfull usefull and with no special holster, weird ergos and whatnot and a valuable tool as a backup-not a clungy thing That i relied on rather than good fundementals. Odd angle hiding cowardly-sight mangled-taco hot sauce in dominant eye.

Anyone familiar with this setup or who does the mods, is it a super secret jon wick topsecret run of frames? Did I just miss a section in the catalog or a disasterous design they burriesand Im retarded?

Pretty neat

Kudos for the sharks comment, made me lul. Got me to researching and this sounds most plausible:

https://forums.gunsandammo.com/discussion/7415/glock-with-factory-integrated-laser#

“I have one, it is a Glock 19 that has an integrated laser. It is not factory installed although it looks to be. It is a Crimson Trace that the distributor had installed and sold it as a factory laser. Mine does not have an on/off switch on the battery cover but the activation switch is located under the trigger guard and the laser is mounted on the front of the trigger guard. Very nice install by CTC.”

Glockadopoulos Glockadopoulos
Thats the exact setup-though not any closer to figuring out where it came from. The CT distributer? The Glock one? And more importantly which one of them?

I’ll send an email to crimson trace and Glock I reckon. My girl was talking about wanting a ct for hers and I was being an old grouch about messin up ergos, not working on fundimentals and being screwed if one were depending on them and there was a malfunction.

This setup is pretty fricken slick though. No clunky **** clamped on the triggergaurd-I definately feel the little bump where the handle and undercut of the gaurd intersect-but its not obtrusive. More of an added feature than the main focus for target aquistion but could be really usefull in an awkward position, backup type deal, use for a whiteboard presentation etc..

Alrighty-the interwebs thought me that this is the flagship model of the Crimson trace. Model GLS-630 released in 1998. You had to send your Glock and 497 doll-hairs to their shop in Oregon and their elves machined and hand fit every one to order.

It was only two-ish years before they came up with standardized grips to be user installed. They kept the custom option a few years and bumped the price up while offering the other options at a much more affordable price point.

That slick install was really time consuming and required a considerable amount of skill-and holster options off-the shelf were slim pickins they threw in the towel for production...

However, unlike several turd companies -they have a lifetime materials and workmanship warranty and continue to support their flagship. I gotta call and talk to a real human and apparently they’ll hook me up with an owners manual,a little torx driver and batteries for life and so long as I don’t smash it in a zillion pieces if anything ****s out it gets fixed on their dime.

Dunno-I can dig the nerds enthusiasm and craftsmanship...At the very least I got a glock that’s actually”custom and rare” that doesn’t mean aI got drunk, took a soldering iron to it and threw a punisher backplate on it..(not promising I won’t) and a cat toy with a solid warranty and batteries for life.

Back
Top Bottom