• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gen 4 glock 17 suppressed

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
Anyone running one? I've got one that cycles ok with my mystic and booster. But I'm trying to improve the port pop and get it to run with a magic switch. Who's changed their recoil spring and to what weight? I know the stocker is 17#. I was thinking a 20# one. I know 19# is a common upgrade. But I need a little more umph for locking back into battery besides the normal. Plus I think it'd slow down the cycle rate a bit as well.

Man, I'll be honest I don't know what all that whiz-bang spring gadgetry you're talking about is, but I run this setup with no issues:
Gen 4 17
KKM Barrel, 1/2 x 28
AAC Evo-9
Surefire X400/DG-11

i854.photobucket.com_albums_ab104_ASH556_97F83886_978D_4457_9C7C_9760DD6AC556.jpg

Mine is a Gen 4 with a PSA (I really think it's a Wolf) 1/2-28 stainless barrel. The can is a liberty Mystic with the booster. I can get it to cycle as it is in semi. But this is a sear gun. Running FA with the can causes the slide to not complete lock back into breach. I've actually found a 18# setup now. I think that's the step I should go. More I think about it, I'm betting I'll have FTE's if I go too high on the recoil spring running subs.

If it'd run, yes.

Here it is without the can. (Dunno if this link will work)
Edit: Removed facebook link

Last edited:
seems I remember something about too much flex between the stock and the booster. Essentially you are trying to shoot a wet spaghetti noodle and it causes "limp wrist" malfunctions.

seems I remember something about too much flex between the stock and the booster. Essentially you are trying to shoot a wet spaghetti noodle and it causes "limp wrist" malfunctions.

The problem seems to be the lack of follow through from the recoil spring. The "limp wrist" could be a factor as well. But how the sear works, it also uses some of the recoil energy to release the striker. Runs fine in SA and FA without a can. Runs in SA with a can. Just not FA with the can. I'm going to try a heavier recoil spring just to see. Other people I've spoken with have had the same problem. I might also try it without a booster and the heavier recoil spring to see what it'll do. (I'm getting a 18#, 20#, and 22# spring)

Back
Top Bottom