• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gen 5 Glock 19

Bcoots

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
Ok guys bought a gen 5 Glock 19 today and I’ve seen them here a bunch and at stores. However the one I purchased is serated on the front like the MOS and no hole in the grip where your pinky goes. Is this something new or am I missing something?
96b22b098464d841d6366a003a4ecab8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have the one that was the correction to the mistake Glock made on the first Gen5. That cut out in the front of the grip was a deal breaker for a lot of people. The lack of front serrations just pissed people off. The G19 is the flag ship model and should have had all the bells and whistles from the get go. At least that was the opinion of the Glock fan base.

Obviously Glock agreed since they changed it pretty fast.

Great blaster, be prepared for the finish on the slide stop to wear off within a few days of carrying or shooting. Worst coating I've ever seen on a Glock part to date. My G45's slide stop lever coatings wore off on both sides within a week of carrying it.

You have the one that was the correction to the mistake Glock made on the first Gen5. That cut out in the front of the grip was a deal breaker for a lot of people. The lack of front serrations just pissed people off. The G19 is the flag ship model and should have had all the bells and whistles from the get go. At least that was the opinion of the Glock fan base.

Obviously Glock agreed since they changed it pretty fast.

Great blaster, be prepared for the finish on the slide stop to wear off within a few days of carrying or shooting. Worst coating I've ever seen on a Glock part to date. My G45's slide stop lever coatings wore off on both sides within a week of carrying it.

Dang don’t tell me that. I’ll sell it and go back to a 4. I thought this coating was supposed to be the best. I have some Ameriglo agents on the way since the store was out of those models in the blue label

Dang don’t tell me that. I’ll sell it and go back to a 4. I thought this coating was supposed to be the best. I have some Ameriglo agents on the way since the store was out of those models in the blue label

Replacing those LEGO sights will be a nice upgrade. Gen 5 are pretty much perfection but as WC1911guy WC1911guy said, the slide stop was painted with a sharpie, pretty sure.

Back
Top Bottom