• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gen 5 Glock 19

So why not include it on your flagship? Plastic sights is like putting a budget rims on a Corvette.

I have no idea why Glock does it, I don’t work there. It could be because many folks, like me, have a very specific preference for our night sights. We’d prefer to buy the gun with sights that cost next to nothing, so that we can buy what we really want and install them ourself.

I almost always end up swapping one or both of the sights on handguns I buy. Just bought a $2k STI and am replacing the front sight.

I have no idea why Glock does it, I don’t work there. It could be because many folks, like me, have a very specific preference for our night sights. We’d prefer to buy the gun with sights that cost next to nothing, so that we can buy what we really want and install them ourself.

I almost always end up swapping one or both of the sights on handguns I buy. Just bought a $2k STI and am replacing the front sight.
I believe its an addiction/habit. Awhile ago I felt I needed to replace almost every part of a Glock. I didn't feel it was perfect. I needed a new trigger, new springs, new barrel, new pins, new sight, new slide, "stippling" :) ect... I was basically just building a new gun. I quit smoke so I needed to quit this. I think the antidote was the Sig Legion series. I still havent kicked the grip habit yet. If the gun accepts G10 grips and doesnt have them, they are ordered almost instantly.

I believe its an addiction/habit. Awhile ago I felt I needed to replace almost every part of a Glock. I didn't feel it was perfect. I needed a new trigger, new springs, new barrel, new pins, new sight, new slide, "stippling" :) ect... I was basically just building a new gun. I quit smoke so I needed to quit this. I think the antidote was the Sig Legion series. I still havent kicked the grip habit yet. If the gun accepts G10 grips and doesnt have them, they are ordered almost instantly.

......or I have a preference, and cookie-cutter guns rarely check the boxes.

All I would do to a personally-owned Gen5 G19 is the sights, and a slight massage on the trigger. No reason to build a gun from scratch when I’m fine with 98% of the pistol.
I wanted to build a 1911 but I've tried the format twice now and just don't like it. Really wanted to like it but it's not for me. Was considering doing that with a Glock as well but can't see investing what I've seen some people sink into it when the gain is minimal. Just keep justifying to myself that I made a good choice in my EDC "for me" and see if anything better eventually comes along.

I wanted to build a 1911 but I've tried the format twice now and just don't like it. Really wanted to like it but it's not for me. Was considering doing that with a Glock as well but can't see investing what I've seen some people sink into it when the gain is minimal. Just keep justifying to myself that I made a good choice in my EDC "for me" and see if anything better eventually comes along.

As a right-out-of-the-box carry and range gun, Glock is a great choice.

Back
Top Bottom