• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

General Assembly pre-filed bills cover many topics

BanjoJohn

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
114   0
Reaction score
I'm so glad that our tax dollars are spent on such worthwhile law proposals.

Have these idiots run out of anything constructive to do.

Do they believe that if they aren't passing another stupid "give up freedom for a false sense of security" bill into law that we won't think they are doing their job?

HB 3 ILLEGAL TO DRIVE WITH A HOODIE OR MASK
HB 7 Talking on the phone while driving $150.00 fine. I'm sure that will put a stop to it.
HB 18 Prohibit smoking in a vehicle with passengers under the age of 18
HB 11 Training class mandatory before GWL permitted.
HB 651 Unregistered bumpfired stocks illegal
HB 657 Knowing provide a firearm to a felony first offender.
HB 26 mandatory education for 16 and 17 year old.
HB 653 Suspend DL for student loans defaulted on
HB 656 How to use Tampons during sex ed and Aids prevention classes.
HB 650 allow local government instead of state preventing the removal of confederate statues.
HB 313 state representatives, senators and department heads undergo sexual harassment training.

This is what they get paid to do

More stupid laws, protecting more stupid people from themselves.

What a waste of time and money.

"HB 653 Suspend DL for student loans defaulted on"

Already a reality for being in default of child support. The neat thing is the state does not notify you your license is suspended. Get stopped, and you go directly to jail. Neat, huh?

Already a reality for being in default of child support. The neat thing is the state does not notify you your license is suspended. Get stopped, and you go directly to jail. Neat, huh?
I’ve never understood that. I’ve got no love for deadbeat dads, but taking the guys drivers license seems like it will just make it that much harder for him to work to pay child support.

This is the only one I agree with.

This is what they occupy their time doing. We have real problem in this state, but most would include about 83.542% of the government employees losing their useless employment.

I’ve never understood that. I’ve got no love for deadbeat dads, but taking the guys drivers license seems like it will just make it that much harder for him to work to pay child support.

Instead they should take the deadbeat dads out back and lay a few lashes upon their backs and see how the payments go from there.

That whole system needs revising. I know of guys whose child support payments effectively bankrupted them. They couldn't live on the breadline and make the payments.

I guess anybody that still owes on a student loan wasn't on the calling list that called me twice a week for 3 months wanting to know if I wanted my student loans forgiven by the Obama Adminstration.:wacko:

Regarding the 5th line on that list of pre-filed bills:

HB 651 Unregistered bumpfired stocks illegal

Mary Margaret Oliver's bill says that bump fire stocks will be classified and restricted the same as machineguns, which would also mean that proper registration with ATF that satisfies the federal law will also be a defense to any prosecution under the state law.

BUT, ATF isn't planning on registering bump-fire stocks, are they?
They're planning on treating them like post-1986 machinegun conversion parts sets, which means they are NON-transferable, not registerable to regular shooters and gun collectors, and CANNOT be used to convert a semi-auto to "bump fire". Not for any stock, or weapon, not already on the NFA registry before the end of May, 1986.

So, HB 651 is currently configured as a ban on bump fire stocks, with a serious felony-level prison term as the penalty.

Back
Top Bottom