• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

I live in the mountains of north Georgia and in the winter we lose power several times For several days sometimes as long as a week. I put in Generic 22k Whole house generator And a 500 gallon propane tanks. I love it
North-Woods North-Woods We just moved ton Jasper and the house has a 17KW Generic. How long do you think a 250 gallon tank would last using gas heat and cooking?

I don't recall if I posted earlier in this thread but my house has a 10kw generac with a 500 gallon in ground propane tank. I will run the whole house with no issue. I've gone to mostly led bulbs in the house to save some juice there but it has had no issues running the stove and oven and the AC. I have dual heat with gas furnace and the 500 gallons lasts for a long long time.

During the last hurricane we had several trees down on the lines and had no outside power for 4 days. The generator ran for the full time so that my wife and I could work from home and it used about 10 or 15% of the propane in the 4 days.

It's wired to the house main so it cuts on with 30 seconds of a power interruption.

I will have one at my next house. It's worth rolling into the home loan if possible.

I don't recall if I posted earlier in this thread but my house has a 10kw generac with a 500 gallon in ground propane tank. I will run the whole house with no issue. I've gone to mostly led bulbs in the house to save some juice there but it has had no issues running the stove and oven and the AC. I have dual heat with gas furnace and the 500 gallons lasts for a long long time.

During the last hurricane we had several trees down on the lines and had no outside power for 4 days. The generator ran for the full time so that my wife and I could work from home and it used about 10 or 15% of the propane in the 4 days.

It's wired to the house main so it cuts on with 30 seconds of a power interruption.

I will have one at my next house. It's worth rolling into the home loan if possible.
Same here on the mountain 11kw on 500 gal propane. Filled tank 2 years ago has run a couple weeks worth over the last couple years and still have 60+%

Back
Top Bottom