• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

We are running on ours tonight. Lost power about 815, GA power is saying 1130 for restore. Only house on the street with lights on.
I lost power about 2 weeks ago for about 2 hours.

Electricity is something you miss dearly in a very short time. It's one thing to talk about it. It's a totally different thing to experience it.

You were able to power your refrigerator and not lose food. That's a biggie.

I lost power about 2 weeks ago for about 2 hours.

Electricity is something you miss dearly in a very short time. It's one thing to talk about it. It's a totally different thing to experience it.

You were able to power your refrigerator and not lose food. That's a biggie.

Yeah, it came back on around 2 am. Apparently, a tree fell on the lines and took out the area. I ran the genny until 10 pm and then shut it back down for the night. Didn't see any reason to disturb the neighbors and run the thing all night while I was sleeping.

My wife and I are empty-nesters, we could lose all the food in the fridge and be out about 16 dollars. :becky:

This may prob be in an earlier thread, BUT several years ago we lost power for three days. But early in the process I made a long cord from SO and twist lock end. I backfed the panel from the generator. I was the only one with fridge, tv, cable and microwave.
I now in my new to me house have put in a gas range (the beeeeest decision) because it’s 120v. And a 50 amp cord from a double pole breaker to the outside corner of the house where inset an RV box with a 4 prong rec. Made a 50’ cord and Im setup to power the house with 220v from my tried and true (and loud as hell) North Star genset. I won’t ever be caught like that again.

This may prob be in an earlier thread, BUT several years ago we lost power for three days. But early in the process I made a long cord from SO and twist lock end. I backfed the panel from the generator. I was the only one with fridge, tv, cable and microwave.
I now in my new to me house have put in a gas range (the beeeeest decision) because it’s 120v. And a 50 amp cord from a double pole breaker to the outside corner of the house where inset an RV box with a 4 prong rec. Made a 50’ cord and Im setup to power the house with 220v from my tried and true (and loud as hell) North Star genset. I won’t ever be caught like that again.
Be careful not to backfeed the grid.

Back
Top Bottom