• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Arms Ammunition

Pathfinder5243

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
23   0
Reaction score
For years I have been purchasing multiple calibers of ammo from Ga Arms in Villa Rica. It has been great ammo for target practice and general shooting with friends. I've purchased thousands of rounds and have never had an issue. It wasn't until the Wuhan virus and the price hikes that I stopped. Fortunately, I had plenty of ammo stored for personal plinking and didn't need to buy at the escalated prices during all of it. Since prices have slowly started to lower, especially for name brand factory ammo, I have been periodically checking their website. I'm confused as to why their prices are still higher than what I would consider "fair price" for re-loaded ammo. Even higher than factory brass ammo on some sites.

I was hoping that someone with more information about the company or industry could shed some light on this topic. Possibly someone that lives out that way or knows someone at their shop.

Hiya. I regularly sell spent brass casing to them!

if you ask them, they state something along the Powder and Primer cost. If you ask me, it’s still an amazing deal ONLY IF you sell them brass.

I usually turn in 2-3k worth of casings and get 2-3k worth of whatever I’m lowest on. Keep in mind they buy ALL calibers of casings however if it’s separated the dollar/pound ratio goes way up!

If anything, pick up your brass and give it back!

Hiya. I regularly sell spent brass casing to them!

if you ask them, they state something along the Powder and Primer cost. If you ask me, it’s still an amazing deal ONLY IF you sell them brass.

I usually turn in 2-3k worth of casings and get 2-3k worth of whatever I’m lowest on. Keep in mind they buy ALL calibers of casings however if it’s separated the dollar/pound ratio goes way up!

If anything, pick up your brass and give it back!

I don't shoot enough to collect enough brass to make a difference. Any WMA range I go to always has some old retired guy there collecting everyone's brass. The only thing laying around are steel cases and shell hulls. It does make me wonder how much revenue is reclaimed from these privately owned indoor ranges.

I don't shoot enough to collect enough brass to make a difference. Any WMA range I go to always has some old retired guy there collecting everyone's brass. The only thing laying around are steel cases and shell hulls. It does make me wonder how much revenue is reclaimed from these privately owned indoor ranges.
A five gallon bucket of 5.56 is roughly $130-150

I shoot at South River and there’s MANY shooters that just blast away for hours and leave their brass. So my weekends I go bring out my .22’s and wait for people to leave!

There’s also the classes that can take place over Friday-Sunday there where the students don’t care and the instructor is making bank already. Just show up after the classes with a bucket or two!

Currently I’ve got something like 60 different calibers of casings in bags, trays, buckets or 55g drums. I save it up for a while and take it up there when I feel like it’s gonna be too much the next time.

A five gallon bucket of 5.56 is roughly $130-150

I shoot at South River and there’s MANY shooters that just blast away for hours and leave their brass. So my weekends I go bring out my .22’s and wait for people to leave!

There’s also the classes that can take place over Friday-Sunday there where the students don’t care and the instructor is making bank already. Just show up after the classes with a bucket or two!

Currently I’ve got something like 60 different calibers of casings in bags, trays, buckets or 55g drums. I save it up for a while and take it up there when I feel like it’s gonna be too much the next time.

That's quite a little enterprise you have going for yourself. I commend you, sir.

Back
Top Bottom