• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Bass Grand Slam.

Anyone ever heard of this? I've made it my new goal for this year. I'm pretty sure I can get it done. Smallmouth in Blueridge, Redeye in the cartecay, shoal bass in the hooch, largemouth and spots pretty much anywhere. Going for it in the Gheenoe!

http://georgiawildlife.com/fishing/angler-resources/GeorgiaBassSlam
That's probably the 5 I'd go after (maybe swap Chattahoochee, which I'd never heard of, for Redeye for convenience). I'm pretty sure Georgia has more black bass species than any other state.

I'm not sure that map is entirely 100% accurate.
It suggests there are small mouth in the Hooch. News to me. I've never caught one but would love to. Still can't imagine, pound for pound, anything harder hitting than a spotted.

Been thinking about something like this myself, largemouth and spots I got but really want to get a shoal. Been fishing Acworth and Etowah for convenience but need to go south for that shoal bass.

Good post, like the map.

It suggests there are small mouth in the Hooch. News to me. I've never caught one but would love to. Still can't imagine, pound for pound, anything harder hitting than a spotted.
There are small mouths in the Hooch....Actually most of the Shoalie's you catch south of Morgan falls are all Small Mouth Hybrids mixed with Shoal. This hybrid species was caused by people trying to transplant fish in other parts of the rivers to try and get them to populate.

Been thinking about something like this myself, largemouth and spots I got but really want to get a shoal. Been fishing Acworth and Etowah for convenience but need to go south for that shoal bass.

Good post, like the map.

My son and I have caught shoalies on the Etowah. IMHO they are the hardest fighting of all the bass I've caught.

Back
Top Bottom