• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Bulldog Needs Some Silver

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Anyone in the Henry county area do any silver soldering? I already machined a jig for the sight and tried Tix solder. The Bulldog went about 8 rounds before it hit the mat.....

DSC_10002.JPG

DSC_10001.JPG

DSC_10003.JPG

The hardest soft solder won't do it for this Bulldog...

www.brownells.com_userdocs_products_p_030001125_1.jpg

Melts At 275\ F. For All Solderable Metals
"Hardest soft solder on earth." Melts at 275° F. Bond strength is 4,000 psi. For steel, gold, silver, stainless steel, alnico, pewter, most alloys.
Will not tarnish. Contains no silver or bismuth. Works beautifully for attaching precious metal inlays. Works best with TIX Flux.

Silver solder:

SPECS: Melts at 1145° F., flows at 1205° F. 56% silver.
www.brownells.com_userdocs_products_p_080538305_1.jpg

Edit this is what it looked like.

dscn1154-jpg.551785

Ive got a small oxy/ acet. torch and some silver solder, but apparently I suck at it!! Sooo..... need to practice on something other than a gun.

Ive got a small oxy/ acet. torch and some silver solder, but apparently I suck at it!! Sooo..... need to practice on something other than a gun.

Mark I may get in touch with you.

Initially I only used one rod cut to length of the Tix solder. I put the jig on it and used 3 cut to length rods this afternoon and torched it up. It looks like it got a lot more metal to pool and bond.

I prepped it initially by cleaning the surfaces, removing any previous solder then blasting it with aluminum oxide. I used the recommended flux.

Well I'll see if that holds if not I'll be giving you a call.

Mark I may get in touch with you.

Initially I only used one rod cut to length of the Tix solder. I put the jig on it and used 3 cut to length rods this afternoon and torched it up. It looks like it got a lot more metal to pool and bond.

I prepped it initially by cleaning the surfaces, removing any previous solder then blasting it with aluminum oxide. I used the recommended flux.

Well I'll see if that holds if not I'll be giving you a call.

Sounds good. Hope it works, but if not, you know where to find me.

Back
Top Bottom