• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Campus Carry

Even if you have never voted before, everybody needs to register and and vote against the "Raw Deal" when his term is up.

I hardly watch TV any more.

Have any of the local stations covered this - or the likes of CNN?

I'm sure they're predicting blood in the classrooms...

I just heard a segment on NPR radio where one of the bigwigs at UGA is losing her mind. Predicting death and destruction as well a huge cost increases to implement extra security, metal detectors, etc.

I wish shouting back at the radio worked... I'd have liked to ask her why they hadn't felt all this security was required when the only gun on campus were illegal???

I just heard a segment on NPR radio where one of the bigwigs at UGA is losing her mind. Predicting death and destruction as well a huge cost increases to implement extra security, metal detectors, etc.

I wish shouting back at the radio worked... I'd have liked to ask her why they hadn't felt all this security was required when the only gun on campus were illegal???
Same thing happened in Florida when we got CCW there over 20 years ago, the opposite happened, crime whet down! This was also predicted in TX when campus carry was allowed there, just haven't seen any problems. Like you said, the only problems were the unarmed lemming on campus, and they are not in short supply.

@baxterday

Military members with basic training under 21 can get a Gwcl.

We have reciprocity with states that issue permits to 18 yo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
And that is a good thing, they can go die for their country, but can't carry a pistol or have a alcoholic beverage. At least they can exercise their 2nd amendment rights, now to get rid of the dumb alcohol law.

And that is a good thing, they can go die for their country, but can't carry a pistol or have a alcoholic beverage. At least they can exercise their 2nd amendment rights, now to get rid of the dumb alcohol law.
I've always said that the day you enlist in the military you should automatically be considered 21 years old and afforded every right regardless of your age. If you can carry a weapon on a battlefield and take a bullet defending other's rights, pyou should be able to walk into any bar, anywhere and order a beer.

And also regardless of age you are banned from purchasing alcohol or voting if you are enrolled in college and or over 21 and still living in your parents basement. Give the rights to those that are defending them.

I can't comment on all the institutions in the State of Georgia, but those people really make my butt hurt. From the classic gateway to UGA for 3 blocks to east, is several blocks of bars, whose primary customers are underage drinkers. Your daughter is much more likely to get drugged and raped there and your frat boy son more likely to end up puking in on the curb while his cell phone gets stolen. Yer where's the outrage.

We still have at least two unsolved murders of co-eds, neither of which was killed with a gun.

The average student MIGHT be on campus 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. The rest of the time he or she is out in community where there is no "safe space'.

I am hearing from a couple people on campus that they believe that banning campus carry would prevent gun violence and that allowing campus carry would result in people shooting each other in the classroom. None of them could show any evidence that something like that would actually happen. The saddest part is these people are so book smart but living in their own little bubbles.

I am hearing from a couple people on campus that they believe that banning campus carry would prevent gun violence and that allowing campus carry would result in people shooting each other in the classroom. None of them could show any evidence that something like that would actually happen. The saddest part is these people are so book smart but living in their own little bubbles.

The saddest part is these are the people who will be making our laws in 30 years, and their mindset will still be the same.

Back
Top Bottom