• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Campus Carry

The idea that guns shouldn't be carried anywhere near where children gather is absurd, and dangerous. It's a slippery slope, if we accept a halfassed gun control reform that introduces this NEW type of restriction in our legal system.

It's similar to the "fewer off limits places if we agree to an optional enhanced license with a training requirement" dilemma. Once you give legitimacy to the IDEA of a training requirement, or to the idea of no guns near child care centers, the idea can be expanded and abused really easily.

WHat if the idea of "no guns around kids" is successfully expanded from just schools to any day care or child care center? How about all the churches that provide on-site child care for the kids while the adults do the regular church service? What about all those office buildings that have on-site child care for the young (pre school) kids of the workers who are employed in that building?

Slippery slope indeed.

There is a clear reason to not have defensive guns near or around children, unless it's LEO/Military. As well ban toy guns, drawings of guns and ban pop tarts. If violations occur, then treat the child as if mentally ill with a mental evaluation and mental health counseling...

As best I can tell it's to foster, encourage and promote the ideology that guns are bad, unless you're a cop or soldier, then that is an exception.

It's to sensitize the future voters and leaders with the support of a generally left leaning k12 and higher learning institutions in order to disarm the public. This was publicly addressed by Eric Holder during a speech years ago (1990's or late 1980's?). These leftist liberal educated idiots have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Y'all should come live in a college town and see how silly the current law is.

I can walk across the UGA campus on a public street, with thousands of students around me, and me carrying an AR-15 (hypothetically) and it's o.k. Take one step off the sidewalk onto the campus, and I'm a criminal.

UGA is like an octopus, stretching across the entire county (and now much of Oconee County). It's all the time leasing and unleasing parts of commercial buildings, and you have to be on your toes as to what is UGA and what isn't. Plus we have at least three other 4 year colleges taking up space that you have to be aware of.

For ex. Piedmont College has a mighty fine cafe that's open to the public, but you have to leave your gun in your car if you go there to eat, but can take it with you in the other 500 fast food places in town.

There are 30,000 + students in Athens, and it's silly to pretend that all of them are in some sort of "safe space" the moment they step on campus.

This is issue is primarily why I stop voting Republican. ALL the Republicans are big believers in the 2nd Amendment the 60 days before the election, but when the it's time to put up, they may as well be Hillary Clinton. I'm convinced that the only way to move forward is to make it an issue in every election that comes down the pike, and hold people's feet to the fire.

I can walk across the UGA campus on a public street, with thousands of students around me, and me carrying an AR-15 (hypothetically) and it's o.k. Take one step off the sidewalk onto the campus, and I'm a criminal.

UGA is like an octopus, stretching across the entire county (and now much of Oconee County). It's all the time leasing and unleasing parts of commercial buildings, and you have to be on your toes as to what is UGA and what isn't. Plus we have at least three other 4 year colleges taking up space that you have to be aware of.

For ex. Piedmont College has a mighty fine cafe that's open to the public, but you have to leave your gun in your car if you go there to eat, but can take it with you in the other 500 fast food places in town.

There are 30,000 + students in Athens, and it's silly to pretend that all of them are in some sort of "safe space" the moment they step on campus.

This is issue is primarily why I stop voting Republican. ALL the Republicans are big believers in the 2nd Amendment the 60 days before the election, but when the it's time to put up, they may as well be Hillary Clinton. I'm convinced that the only way to move forward is to make it an issue in every election that comes down the pike, and hold people's feet to the fire.

Just that everyone is concerned because of how little Buffy and Brad might be traumatized by boogie men carrying guns on campus, yet every weekend in the Athens, there is basically a riot in our downtown bar district (you can see the videos on line) and no one cars how much they are traumatized.

The sidewalks are most likely considered "on campus."

Back
Top Bottom