• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Campus Carry

It's a start. At least now I can carry in class without fear of arrest or expulsion. I don't live in the dorms or go to sporting events and I damn sure don't go to any disciplinary meetings. As long as it does not exclude the classroom or nursing labs I'm covered. It's not perfect but I will take it.

Incrementalism is how we lost our exercise of carry rights. We will have to get em back the same way.

Word of advice to any student - DO NOT LET ANYONE KNOW YOU ARE CARRYING ON CAMPUS. They (Antis) will find a way to **** with you. Accuse you of wrong doing, and try and bring you before one of their kangaroo court/disciplinary hearings.

• Any room or space used for classes in which high school students are enrolled through a dual enrollment program, including, but not limited to, classes related to the “Move on When Ready Act”;
  • This could potentially be any class you are taking in your first two years of college. High schoolers routinely take college classes. This along with the other excluded places pretty much means our Governor signed a campus carry bill that won't really allow campus carry in any practical manner.
True statement. I have a 16 year old in an upper level ecology class, and a 16 year old in an upper level physics and chemistry class. Its not just core classes. You could have one in any class and have no idea. The good thing is violations seem to be a misdemeanor punishable by a $25 fine. Not too big of a deal if you did have a problem.

True statement. I have a 16 year old in an upper level ecology class, and a 16 year old in an upper level physics and chemistry class. Its not just core classes. You could have one in any class and have no idea. The good thing is violations seem to be a misdemeanor punishable by a $25 fine. Not too big of a deal if you did have a problem.

I can live with provision but I'm wondering how the language will be stretched. You have all the 4-H and science fairs and other competitions for high schoolers.

What about all the summer camps for high schoolers? Are those camps "classes"? An ill thought out law.

Even the UGA law school is turned over to high schools one weekend a year. Does that mean the law school is off limits the other 363 days?

Probably not a problem now that no one uses real books, but I researched all my term papers in the Emory library.

I hardly watch TV any more.

Have any of the local stations covered this - or the likes of CNN?

I'm sure they're predicting blood in the classrooms...

"Move on when ready" students are high school students taking college courses. Are they high schoolers or college students?

There are lots of them in the Ga Univ System, and I do not know how they are classified WRT this new law.

• "Any room or space being used for classes related to a college and career academy or other specialized school;"
What about this part?

Was curious, some of the anti-gun ads that ran prior to the signage of this bill mentioned it would "allow kids under 18 to carry guns to class". Can anyone tell me where the left came up with that one?

Back
Top Bottom