• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Cottonmouth

As the conductor was about to step down off the engine, he did what he was trained to do and looked to check his surroundings. He said if he had stepped to the ground his foot would have been 6 to 8 inches from the snake. The conductor and engineer used rocks and the broom handle to kill it and then took the picture. I didn't see it, I didn't measure it and I didn't weight it. I'm just very thankful that neither one of my guys were bit and they killed it so no other crew will have to deal with it.

Yeah but did they put a caliper to it fo authenticity? :doh:

I don't think he is trolling per say. He was trying to estimate the length since one wasn't given and folks said it was big.

People post pics of random snakes saying "I caught this 12 footer in my back yard" when the snake barely reaches 6 feet when mature. Take for example, this pic:

20150727_085934.png

Dude claimed it was 10 feet. The difference in this pic from the OP's pic is that you have a point of reference with the broomstick. This one, you lose perspective with the snake being put in front of the camera.

I still think the OP's snake is rather large though. Don't feel like calculating the length though as I hate doing math on a Monday. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom