• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Deer Processors - Can we get a sticky?

McClure's in Blairsville is great, but often full (as now) this time of year. I would like to find a North GA processor I can go to as a backup or instead of them, may try the Cooler. I am in a small place in Fannin, can't butcher here, the HOA would get it's panties in a bunch. Thank you.

All the good ones are going to be packed. I got a buddy that works at Kroger as a butcher and he takes that vacation and processes deer the whole season. They're packed from the first day until the last. Last year I heard they had processed 900 deer before the season was even over.

This is my first year hunting. How much does it usually cost to have a deer processed? I am in Burke County. Also, any recommendations (and ball park cost) to have a head mounted?
Depends if you want ground, sausage, jerky, etc. Also, extra charge if they have to skin it. As far as mounts, I have a couple friends with 30+ shoulder mounts and on average recently has been $500ish. Not worth it to me unless you kill a hoss, I just opted for the euro mount on a buck myself ran me $75 or just take a pot and boil it yourself, probably what I’ll do next time.

I spoke to Andrew Diaz yesterday. He is opening up a new deer processing facility in Morganton, Fannin County, in a couple weeks, more or less. The Facebook page is under Southern Pride Processing

When I called Souther's a few weeks ago they quoted $120 for their standard cut. They do excellent work and vacuum seal.

Custom Processing in Winder is $80 for their standard cut. Styrofoam trays and wrap. Again they do good work.

Like most they both charge to gut your deer.

I've used both and been pleased.

I set aside a bunch of elk that I want ground into various items - burger, couple of different kinds of snack sticks, brats, summer sausage, etc. I would like a lot of diversity in the menu so that I can mix it up. I'm looking for a really good processor with a pretty extensive menu of different options and flavors. Someone who sort of specializes in various kinds of sausages and is located within 1.5 hours of ATL. Wilkes is a possibility, but I don't know what their list of offerings looks like. Any other suggestions?

I shot a doe last Saturday in Meriwhether and gutted, skinned and quartered her. I only took the hams, shoulders, straps and loins off and packed her in the cooler on ice. Dropped her off at a processor Sunday morning close to my house up here in north Ga and they informed me Monday it was ready for pick up already. I thought it was oddly a quick turn around and the total was over $200 for 27pounds of meat turned into sausage. They charge $120 per deer (even a quartered up deer) for basic cut plus the cost of extras... sausage per pound, fat, jerky etc...
Am I crazy for thinking that is absurd?
Thoughts?

I shot a doe last Saturday in Meriwhether and gutted, skinned and quartered her. I only took the hams, shoulders, straps and loins off and packed her in the cooler on ice. Dropped her off at a processor Sunday morning close to my house up here in north Ga and they informed me Monday it was ready for pick up already. I thought it was oddly a quick turn around and the total was over $200 for 27pounds of meat turned into sausage. They charge $120 per deer (even a quartered up deer) for basic cut plus the cost of extras... sausage per pound, fat, jerky etc...
Am I crazy for thinking that is absurd?
Thoughts?
Yes that’s crazy high. I have a place over in Hickory flat that I have gone to and their prices are much better. I’ll PM you the info

Back
Top Bottom