• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Deer Processors - Can we get a sticky?

Just had another one processed by the Wilkes in Cumming. Couldn't be happier with them. I still had the meat with me when I dropped the head off at my taxidermist and he was impressed enough that he wanted to know who did the processing so he could refer people to them.
Thats what I wanted to hear. They have room and will be headed that way in the morning.

What do you usually get. Haven't had some summer sausage in a while, and down to the last of the breakfast stuff from 2 years ago. I have plenty of hamburger and Italian sausage.

Thats what I wanted to hear. They have room and will be headed that way in the morning.

What do you usually get. Haven't had some summer sausage in a while, and down to the last of the breakfast stuff from 2 years ago. I have plenty of hamburger and Italian sausage.
I get steaks, roasts, stew and minimum ground, but I saw some seriously good looking sausage they were working on when I was last there.

CSRA folks, I had to drive out to Louisville a couple weeks back to find a processor that wasn't full. These guys have a good setup and take about a week. Closed on Sundays. I'll prefer them in the future even if there are other places closer to me.

Country Style Processing
1495 Lonestar Rd, Louisville, GA 30434
+17068721398

https://www.countrystyledeerprocessing.com/

Since this is a sticky I thought I'd add a west-central staple. My family has been taking deer to Daffin's since before I was born. Jason and Johnny took the shop over from their mom and dad when they were no longer able, and the third generation are ready to take over when their time comes. Great people and great butchering.

Daffin's Meat Processing Facebook

Sandy's Outdoor Enterprise in Canton off of Ga Hwy 20, Knox Hwy. He's on the net. I've only used him once, last year, but seems to be OK. I think I paid @$80-85. I was paying @$65 I think it was at another place, no longer in business. It would be nice if y'all could post prices as well. Great post

Figured I'd share this here. I found the DNR website pretty bad when it came to finding a processor and Google wasn't very good either. So I whipped this up using data I nabbed from the DNR website with a little data cleaning on my part. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone looking for a processor in an area they're not familiar with yet. No guarantees on the accuracy since I didn't hand-check all 422 of them, but it should get ya close and then you can call around.

Happy hunting and I hope you get a monster buck!

Not that you could use them because he lives in Virginia but one of my buddies is a meat cutter at Kroger. He takes his vacation off each year and deer season to do some hunting and processed deer on the side. During the first two weeks of deer season up here they processed 900 deer. That's pretty remarkable if you think about it for one little outfit.

Back
Top Bottom