• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia deer vs. Virginia deer

2A440CC3-2F65-4808-9C09-8D53585EDF21.jpeg

Me and a couple of my good buddies have gotten several GEORGIA deer that weighed 700 to 900 pounds. You've just got to hunt the right places.
There's one spot next to a farm in S.E. Ga that is really been productive for us.
(see pic)

View attachment 2134258
Me and a couple of my good buddies have gotten several GEORGIA deer that weighed 700 to 900 pounds. You've just got to hunt the right places.
There's one spot next to a farm in S.E. Ga that is really been productive for us.
(see pic)
Laughing my a** off over here. Yeah them really big deer make a funny noise too. Sounds like a bell around their neck!

He mounted the head on that rascal and you wouldn't believe how thick the neck is on the beast. On that land one of the four boys I grew up with took two 8 points and 1 ten point this last season. I told you those deer in Georgia were dogs. These mountain deer up here get huge. All kidding aside a good size deer dresses out around 200 lbs. That's no joke. I use to joke about using a 300 win mag to take deer down there. It might just take that to down one of these mongrels. I will take a pic of the wall mount and post it. No joke it dressed out at 196 lbs. That's no means the norm but they do get that big up here. You guys that have hunted no where but in the south are missing the boat.

View attachment 2134258
(see pic)

He’s just a spike. Let him walk and he’ll be a good one in a couple more years.

View attachment 2134258
(see pic)

You and I must be hunting the same area. The last one I killed was some sort of black and white deer.

Back
Top Bottom