• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Militias

I went to one political rally at the State Capitol in Atlanta. It was about gun rights, generally, but smaller government was another issue that people were fired-up about. Not all the crowd was pro-militia, but some were. Others were just pro-gun, pro 2nd Amd folks. One of the speakers addressing the crowd was the head of one of the militia groups in Georgia.

A lot of people spoke about the "need" (present tense) or "possibility" that we might one day need to have a shooting revolution in the streets to "take back" our government from the likes of Barak Hussain (or however you spell that) Obama.

The leader of the MILITIA group was the owner of a steel erecting company. He was well-spoken and sounded more reasonable than some others in the crowd, and other militia folks I've talked over the years. I forget the name of his Militia.

His group was setting up districts and appointing people as local and regional commanders for the various zones across Georgia. Talk about thinking big!

Kurt with sign.jpg

That's me, holding the sign. I was carrying a gun too, like almost everybody else there.
But my pistol is under my coat. I didn't sling an AR or AK over my shoulder, or hang it across the front of my chest. Many other folks did, though.

Rex Procer:

I like the idea of private citizens' militia groups organizing and training for the purpose of making their members more useful to the lawful authorities of the State and local governments (the Governor, the Adjutant General, the Sheriff, the Mayor of your city, etc.).

That's the key to me-- the militia prepares to ASSIST the professional fighting forces and emergency services personnel (firefighters, utility repair crews, road crews trying to clear downed trees off the highways after a storm-- whatever).

The federal law has long recognized that we have both an "organized" and "unorganized" militia in the United States, and the unorganized militia consists of all able bodied adults below age 45 (but the age limit doesn't apply to currently or recently retired Service members, I think).
The "organized" militia of the United States is the National Guard.
The "organized" militia of the State of Georgia is the GSDF-- Georgia State Defense Force.

The rest of us, if we're young enough and healthy enough, are in the "unorganized militia" already.
And I think it would be good if we had a little bit of organizing and training to better prepare us to serve, if we're called upon to do so, OR if we feel the need to act on our own even without being activated and called-up by the government.

THE TRICK IS to find the right group that's not full of "hatriots" -- government-hating so-called patriots.

Most of them are jokes. If you do find a group there's an easy way to find out if they're legit or not. Google them, Google whatever name they have and any members you know name's. If after exhausting research you can't find any information on them they might be legit.

I went to one political rally at the State Capitol in Atlanta. It was about gun rights, generally, but smaller government was another issue that people were fired-up about. Not all the crowd was pro-militia, but some were. Others were just pro-gun, pro 2nd Amd folks. One of the speakers addressing the crowd was the head of one of the militia groups in Georgia.

A lot of people spoke about the "need" (present tense) or "possibility" that we might one day need to have a shooting revolution in the streets to "take back" our government from the likes of Barak Hussain (or however you spell that) Obama.

The leader of the MILITIA group was the owner of a steel erecting company. He was well-spoken and sounded more reasonable than some others in the crowd, and other militia folks I've talked over the years. I forget the name of his Militia.

His group was setting up districts and appointing people as local and regional commanders for the various zones across Georgia. Talk about thinking big!

View attachment 1065790

That's me, holding the sign. I was carrying a gun too, like almost everybody else there.
But my pistol is under my coat. I didn't sling an AR or AK over my shoulder, or hang it across the front of my chest. Many other folks did, though.

The owner of that company wasn't the leader of that militia. I'm sure he probably said that he was. He was associated with the group and likes to hear himself talk.

Of the militia groups I have seen one seems to be professionally organized and ran.

One common problem is with fired up wanna be's who lack restraint, professionalism and vision.

The other is the .gov has classified ,militias as a Domestic Terror Threat and plan accordingly. They infiltrate the militia's and then influence them to do illegal **** so they can gather numbers, so some supervisor can get a great Evaluation Report (E.R.) and move up the promotion ranks.

It's politics.

The one I have seen as a legitimate militia is the Oath Keepers/III%. Go check the board members credentials.

I was impressed when the police department stood down during the Missouri, the OK's organized, staffed and coordinated support to citizens/businesses for security.

They remained when the police fled and the MSM refused to report the success as none of the businesses protected were destroyed.

The OK's also offered defensive training and tactics (note some are LEO instructors) to the citizens of Ferguson and OMG trained to legally employ firearms. That went over well with the media's more guns more violence mantra while the defenseless were being murdered, raped, maimed and their assets were stolen or destroyed (burned down).

These same guys after the pathetic excuse for a police department for Berkeley failed twice to prevent peaceable non-violent citizens assembling to attend and listen to a rally or a public debate from being violently attacked.

The third time the Berkeley police stood down the Oath Keepers planned, staffed and coordinated security for attendees of a free speech gathering since the PD didn't have a stellar record of honoring the oath they mouthed. This did not fare well for the violent leftist when they attacked with pepper spray, clubs, rocks, M-80 explosives, glass bottles etc.

Someone coordinated splitting the leftist (ANTIFA, BAMN, BLM etc) into two groups and then proceeded to force them into a defense posture which led to them fleeing the area.

Remember, the Oath Keepers are run and consist mostly of former/active/retired LEO/Military/EMS/FIRST Responders etc. Most appear to be quiet professionals and only engage when laws are being broken and helped treat the injured at point of injury-pushing medical assets forward.

I'm not advocating to join them but if one was considering joining a militia, in being a positive influence, in becoming potentially a needed asset and a force multiplier then I'd look into them and consider being vetted by them.

Back
Top Bottom