• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Shooting Range Map ..

Tom Lowe Trap & Skeet Range
3070 Merk RD SW
Atlanta GA 30349
www.atlantaskeetshooting.com
Skeet, trap, five-stand. Open to public, reasonable rates, open most days, and it's best call the clubhouse to confirm hours and availability.

Merk Road is on Camp Creek Pkwy 3.6 miles West of I285 near Hartsfield Airport.

Management and lessons by four-time World Champion & Skeet Hall of Famer Luke W. Deshotels (and others)
Mobile phone 770-241-2609
Counter phone 404-346-8382
Open most days, call clubhouse to confirm.

Can someone pin this on the map?

Georgia Southern University (the real GSU) has opened their Shooting Sports Education Center in partnership with GA DNR. 3271 Old Register Rd, Statesboro, GA. Its open to the public, you have to be an approved user. There is $20 application fee to become an approved user. It's a nice facility, firearms and archery lanes; indoor lanes are 25 meters (27 1/3 yds). They have gun rentals, too.

http://recreation.georgiasouthern.edu/ssec/about/

Georgia Southern University (the real GSU) has opened their Shooting Sports Education Center in partnership with GA DNR. 3271 Old Register Rd, Statesboro, GA. Its open to the public, you have to be an approved user. There is $20 application fee to become an approved user. It's a nice facility, firearms and archery lanes; indoor lanes are 25 meters (27 1/3 yds). They have gun rentals, too.

http://recreation.georgiasouthern.edu/ssec/about/

looks waaaayy better than the old shooting range the rotc used to use

There are plans for a Phase 2, which adds longer outdoor archery lanes; I'm not sure what the schedule for that is. I think they've done a great with it so far.

they seem to be redoing everything down there. everytime I go back it seems to have changed completely. The new bio building looks amazing though I was a little annoyed it was done the year after I graduated!! also saw that they closed down college plaza after that kid got killed, don't know what anyone does down there now with hardly any bars

One note on "10-Ring Sporter" range off of I-985 and east of exit 20....He is listed on Facebook as being permantly closed. I dont know why, but it IS open. I called the guy who owns and runs it and he said he hasn't got around to fixing that. Anyways, he is usually open on Saturday 9-5 and if you call he will open it on Friday. Best thing is, you can shoot steel plate and bowling pins if you bring them. I had a group of 5 dads and 8 boys and we shot up 8 cases of bowling pins with 9MM carbines, various pistol and 22 rifles. It was a blast shooting something more reactive than paper. You can shoot any pistol-caliber rifle and pistol and of course 22. $15 for ages 16 and up. Kids free.

Here is his contact info again: Ten Ring Sporter, (678) 618-0660. 4212 Roy Parks Rd, Gainesville, GA 30507

Again-call before you go. He sometimes is out of town taking his 4-H Youth Shooting team on the road.

Just a note but "Georgia Gun Club" in Athens should be updated to "Athens Gun Club". I can get some updated pictures of the range as well if thats helpful.

Back
Top Bottom