• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Weapons Carry License Renewal

georgiahawkeye

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
275   0
Reaction score
Hoschton, The Village at Deaton Creek, Hall County
HALL COUNTY.... Here is the experience that I had in renewing my WCL in Hall County. My wife and I went to the Probate Judge's Office in Gainesville, (Hall County) on Monday to renew our WCL's. I was quite surprised as how smooth the process went. We entered the office, walked up to a clerk's window and handed her our current WCL and Drivers License. She asked a few questions to verify if the address and contact information was correct and asked for the $30 payment for renewal. She asked us to have a seat and she would call me back in a few minutes to sign some forms. While I was waiting for the forms another clerk called me to come over to get my picture made, which took a couple of minutes. After the picture was made the original clerk called me back and gave me some forms to review and sign which I did. This took about 5 minutes to complete. I returned the forms to the clerk and she gave me a packet with my receipt and some other information detailing how long the process should take (4 to 6 weeks). The whole process took approximately 20 minutes to complete for the renewal, which was all completed in the same office. I was allowed to keep my old and unexpired WCL, I figured I would have to leave it with the clerk similar to what you do when renewing your Drivers License. My hat is off to the Hall County Probate Judge and her staff for the efficiency in which the WCL renewal process is handled. We'll see how long it takes to process the renewal. This process is so much better than before when you had to go to 3 different county offices at different locations to obtain a WCL. I just wanted to share this with fellow ODT'ers at just how smooth the process can be. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

can you purchase a gun with a renewal license? I was turned down once with a temp license while waiting for mine in the mail

I'm just so glad that we have to ask permission to exercise our natural right to self defense.

Bureaucrats and the like sure do think we are smart enough to vote them in but once they find themselves in office they love throwing it back in our face with horse**** policies that they think will be for the greater good".

can you purchase a gun with a renewal license? I was turned down once with a temp license while waiting for mine in the mail

I would assume that once the date on your WCL has expired that even with a temporary license in your possession that it would not be valid for purchasing a firearm. My thought on this is that they are doing another background check on you to issue the new license. The temp license would only give you the right to carry for a few days while they are doing the BGC. Someone else on here may have a better explanation.

Back
Top Bottom