• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Weapons Carry License Renewal

Steve58

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
70   1
Reaction score
Seems like I've read a lot of horror stories about getting carry permits renewed. I just want to commend the Cobb County Probate Court on their efficiency. I mailed the renewal forms for both my wife and my permit in on the 19th of February. Yesterday (7 Mar) we both received our new permits.

I'd say that is pretty good!

Seems like I've read a lot of horror stories about getting carry permits renewed. I just want to commend the Cobb County Probate Court on their efficiency. I mailed the renewal forms for both my wife and my permit in on the 19th of February. Yesterday (7 Mar) we both received our new permits.

I'd say that is pretty good!
I did not know you could mail in renewals

2 days after I mailed my application I got a call from a woman in the Cobb County Probate Court. She wanted to let me know that I had forgotten to include a copy of my driver's license with the application. She gave me her email address and I sent over a picture of it. Got my permit in the mail about a week later. I usually don't have very good things to say about government offices but that was really going above and beyond.

Clayton County was that fast when I had to renew in 2020 before March, had mine in 2 weeks. Other than that they drag their ass.

Back
Top Bottom