• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Weapons Carry License

Concealed means concealed.

Also, my GWP gives me cover in 35/50 states. I wouldn't call that "almost truly worthless."

Also, also...I don't remember the last time I filled out a 4473, so skipping the NICS check isn't even a factor for me.

True, concealed is the big difference. 25 of those 35 states have constitutional carry so your GWP doesn't matter. Of the remaining 10, more than half allow for legal open carry, no permit required. Usually if the state doesn't allow for no permit required open carry, they also don't recognize your GWL, like IL, NY, NV, NM, MN, CA, Etc.

25 of those 35 states have constitutional carry so your GWP doesn't matter.
That's not entirely true. "Constitutional Carry" does not always mean "concealed carry."

Of the remaining 10, more than half allow for legal open carry, no permit required.
I have zero desire to carry open.

Huh, well Thanks for all the answers guys!!!

Well i figured it out the county is the 1st 3 numbers. Then the next 2 numbers are for the year the license is issued (so when renewed that changed plus the rest of the numbers after). If i had renewed it in another county the first 3 numbers would change to that county's numbers. The last numbers are i guess place in line during that year in that county i believe. It is normal though!

This is the States list.
It's a 5 year License it was $30 for a renewel that is a petty 50 cents per Month for 5 years. I myself am totally fine spending that little bit for all the advantages the License offers. To me it's an necessary thing to have and i feel it helps in a lot of situations especially if i ever have to deal with law enforcement and i am carrying it helps for their safety and mine. Plus, now if nobody has a License and goes to buy say on Black Friday or another big day and the background checks are not coming in fast enough, then i get mine that day still. The advantages outweigh the negatives of having it; at least for me.

Attachments

• 20230213_212436(1).jpg
    20230213_212436(1).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom