• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Weapons Carry License

Why even renew it? We have constitutional carry now, a GWL does nothing but allow you to skip a background check only if buying from an FFL. It's a redundant waste of money now.

If you are within 1000 feet of a school, and don't have a GWCL, you may be committing a federal crime:

If you are within 1000 feet of a school, and don't have a GWCL, you may be committing a federal crime:

Wow I didn't know that either. I think it's highly unlikely an officer would make an arrest for that and then have the county turn it over to the ATF, however it is technically a federal crime nonetheless.

Wow I didn't know that either. I think it's highly unlikely an officer would make an arrest for that and then have the county turn it over to the ATF, however it is technically a federal crime nonetheless.

No big deal. Just add it to the list of other felonies you commit each day.

Of course, if you were on a list of people who NOW has a 'Free SBR' and the feds wanted to 'lean on' your local cops or GSP because your cell phone activated in a city that just happened to have a protest on that day, then you never know how long you could be locked up for.

Why even renew it? We have constitutional carry now, a GWL does nothing but allow you to skip a background check only if buying from an FFL. It's a redundant waste of money now.
Not a waste of time for me. It (having one) has been the determining factor on whether I'd sell a pistol to someone in Atlanta who doesn't have many good reviews and is very young. Don't like it? Tough.

Back
Top Bottom