• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Weapons Carry License

Not a waste of time for me. It (having one) has been the determining factor on whether I'd sell a pistol to someone in Atlanta who doesn't have many good reviews and is very young. Don't like it? Tough.

Yeah I've seen a lot of people in ads request that the buyer/trader must have a GWL. Every person that had that in their ads that I have purchased from or traded with has never asked to see mine, even though I do have one. Must just be a in-person vibe thing. I've personally never asked to see one either, as owning a firearm is a God-given right in this country, not a government given right.

It also comes in handy at traffic stops to let them know you are most likely not a wanted person, and any weapons they see are ok.

True. I've only been stopped twice and both times I let the officer's know I had my EDC in my right pocket immediately upon making contact. Both officers didn't seem to care, one even jokingly said "It's the ones that I don't know about that scare me". Neither asked for GWL, just my ID and both used "officer discretion" to let me go without ticket or warning.

Unless you travel out of state frequently and want the permit for reciprocity's sake.

Florida,SC, and NC are also getting permitless carry, so unless you head way out of state, like all the way up to IL or NY, you would be G2G. Also, i'm pretty sure those states don't recognize your GWL permit / it has no reciprocity, so yeah, pretty much completely worthless. Maybe they can re-brand it to FFL BG check fast-pass, lmfao.

1676308428521.png

1676308434806.png

Yeah I've seen a lot of people in ads request that the buyer/trader must have a GWL. Every person that had that in their ads that I have purchased from or traded with has never asked to see mine, even though I do have one. Must just be a in-person vibe thing. I've personally never asked to see one either, as owning a firearm is a God-given right in this country, not a government given right.
WADR, your 'God-given right' doesn't supersede my right feel comfortable about selling a pistol to a potential Metro Atlanta area banger or otherwise someone I don't know. I don't DEMAND a WCL in any of my sales but I do say I prefer to look at one. And, in most of my sales I've asked to peek at one and have seen many, no problem.

As far as 'God-given,' the 2A is a government right as explained in the Bill of Rights - government....

Back
Top Bottom