• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Woman Dies From Snakebite

Pretty hard to get bit by a rattlesnake you aren't messing with, and if that's the one in the pic, it was a big un. Also how do you know someone is allergic to AV? :confused2: Even if I were allergic, I'd probably opt to take my chances with the AV.

An ER doctor in Columbus told me they do not keep AV on hand, and that it must be flown in from Atlanta. She went on to tell me that AV is perishable over a short period of time, so it doesnt keep worth a darn. I was very surprised to hear they do not keep it on hand in Columbus. They get their fair share of bite victims, she also told me. I was not at all surprised to hear that.

Very sad.

I've read where it is not required in a large percentage of cases but with her age and the size of that damned thing I can't believe they wouldn't order it flown in if none was on hand. This shouldn't have happened.

I wonder if the REAL reason They didn't give her any was because they didn't have any,

or because it was too expensive and she didn't have insurance that would cover it?

The "she was allergic to the anti-venom" could be an excuse, to CYA.

Back
Top Bottom