• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgians are stocking up on guns, ammo amid coronavirus fear

I just went to Academy and my LGS at lunch. Can firm, neckbeards are neckbearding.

Here's my question. Why are neckbeards all saying it's just media hype it's not that bad, but also at the same time they're buying up all the guns, ammo, and TP? Hmmmm.

I had just bought a Daniel Defense DD5 308 and it's now about impossible to buy ammo. My first and only 308. I did find some Win Q3130 for $0.70/rd in stock and bought just a little to play with but it's insane what happened to ammo nearly overnight.

Luckily I'm good on 5.56 and 9.

Heard today that you cannot purchase a firearm without a carry license, can anyone confirm?
So I asked a guy at the LGS in Macon today when I stopped in to visit. He said that background checks are taking several days right now for those who don't have one. He said some have been kicked back up to a week. NOT a good sign. And from what he said it's hard to tell if it's just from system overload or the government is doing it on purpose.

It is absolutely amazing to me just how fast everything has been wiped out, in stores and online. Bread, TP, ammo, you name it. Have the bakeries stopped making bread? I was at the store early yesterday morning and nothing. Was told the trucks come early.

Last week Publix had a BOGO on Natures Own Bread. Bought some Sat. Now they have a limit of two loaves of any kind of bread, which they don't have anyway.

I know ammo is a bit harder to replenish quickly, but DJD, all the warehouses wiped out that quick?

Did I go into a coma and just wake up and find that Bernie has been elected President?

It is absolutely amazing to me just how fast everything has been wiped out, in stores and online. Bread, TP, ammo, you name it. Have the bakeries stopped making bread? I was at the store early yesterday morning and nothing. Was told the trucks come early.

Last week Publix had a BOGO on Natures Own Bread. Bought some Sat. Now they have a limit of two loaves of any kind of bread, which they don't have anyway.

I know ammo is a bit harder to replenish quickly, but DJD, all the warehouses wiped out that quick?

Did I go into a coma and just wake up and find that Bernie has been elected President?

Went to Costco and Kroger yesterday. They had plenty of stuff. Costco didn't have TP and has started limiting purchases is all.

I'm actually fairly impressed that our food supply chain is holding up so well. I think folks will calm down a bit when they see the shelves aren't bare any more.

Surely you dont find it that surprising? One of the pitfalls of just in time inventory. Which is why people say pay attention and get to the store first. Have most of what you need already.

I had just bought a Daniel Defense DD5 308 and it's now about impossible to buy ammo. My first and only 308. I did find some Win Q3130 for $0.70/rd in stock and bought just a little to play with but it's insane what happened to ammo nearly overnight.

Luckily I'm good on 5.56 and 9.
Damn, It's ashamed that you live so far away, I have buttloads of .308 and could trade you some for 5.56 or 9mm since I shoot those more and want have to dip into my stash.

We would think that since most government offices are closing down the clearing department of approval so those with a firearm carry license the gun store can release the buyer the gun/guns they want to purchase???

Back
Top Bottom