• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity list for those that travel

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity

Thank you for visiting the Georgia Department of Public Safety website. Georgia reciprocates in recognizing firearms licenses with the following states:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

https://dps.georgia.gov/georgias-firearm-permit-reciprocity

I advise getting a Traveler`s Guide to Firearms laws for all 50 States, online. They update it every year. Just because Ga has a reciprocal agreement doesn`t cover you. States have different laws on how and where you can carry. I keep one with me everywhere I go. Thanks for the thread and list, though.

I wish Georgia and all the other gun-friendly states would stop recognizing the drivers licenses from states that do not recognize their CCL/GWL on any road other than a federal hwy (interstate). And BTW, the exit roads along the interstates aren’t federal so good luck getting gas or taking a leak. Bust’em as they get off. I won’t be driving to NY, NJ so I could careless if they do the same.

GA doesn’t recognize other states hunting or fishing licenses (except for neighboring state agreements) why should we let them use our roads if they want let us carry our guns. Put a huge dent in the NY, NJ, MA, CT drivers trying to get to Florida.

Unfortunately the drivers license agreement is forced down from the federal level. Carry permits are negotiated state by state.

Yep, the federal law regulating the ability to carry a firearm is contained within our bill of rights if the fed would only enforce it.

Heads up for those of you who travel to SC via 95, Hardeeville, the first city on the southern end of 95, routinely seizes firearms from CWP holders during traffic stops and runs the serial through NICS.
You are required to disclose that you have a firearm by SC law and they will forcibly seize the weapon should you decline to surrender it.
There is no code that permits this activity. In fact, there is code specifically prohibiting the taking of a firearm unless incident to arrest.

Back
Top Bottom