• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity list for those that travel

I advise getting a Traveler`s Guide to Firearms laws for all 50 States, online. They update it every year. Just because Ga has a reciprocal agreement doesn`t cover you. States have different laws on how and where you can carry. I keep one with me everywhere I go. Thanks for the thread and list, though.
Very True, first time i visited texas, I seen they were reciprocal of our ga carry permits but did not look into further, well went down there an had my firearm on my hip, luckily i encountered a really nice deputy that seen my ga tag an educated me, that back then not sure now, you can only conceal in tx, Not open carry.
I would read each states specifics on this, before visiting.

Hardeeville’s always been a trap for out of state drivers. Riding with a guy that got ticketed for improper tag back in the 60’s. He had a Chevelle with the gas filler under the flip-down tag bracket. Spring was bad and it had flopped down, effin’ cop ticketed him. All about revenue generation in that craphole.

I've got that book. It's really short, with only one or two pages of info for each state. That's probably not enough to REALLY know the laws fully. There's no way I could summarize Georgia's carry laws (not even addressing deadly force laws and the self-defense doctrine) in just a couple of pages. My book on Georgia gun laws (only, not federal laws) is 160 pages.

But, the Traveler's Guide to Gun Laws in all 50 States is probably a good compromise between the time commitment and effort involved in researching the laws of the many states you'll be driving through and the level of real-world risk you face in being found to have broken some part of the law that wasn't in the book. (Probably a pretty low risk if you stay sober and don't try to buy drugs or hire hookers during your travels).

A quick question, planning to drive to Four Corners in Colorado via Tx. New Mexico is not on the reciprocity list. What's my chance of getting stopped on the road?

Sent from my Calculator

A quick question, planning to drive to Four Corners in Colorado via Tx. New Mexico is not on the reciprocity list. What's my chance of getting stopped on the road?

Sent from my Calculator
It's New Mexico...I think they would be surprised if you DIDN'T have a gun....

New Mexico Statute 30-7-2.2 (C) (1) states you must be at least 19 years of age to possess a handgun. From the Department of Public Safety FAQ. Question: Do I have to be licensed to have a concealed loaded handgun inside my vehicle? Answer: No. New Mexico law allows a person who is not otherwise prohibited to have a concealed loaded firearm in his/her vehicle (including motorcycles and bicycles). See 30-7-2 NMSA 1978. If you are not licensed to carry concealed in this State or in a state that NM recognizes, you may not have the weapon concealed on your person when you exit your vehicle or motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom