• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia's Own Credit Union ISSUE RESOLVED

Quick

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
70   0
Reaction score
UPDATE #2....

First let me thank everyone on here for your support. Today I spoke with Georgia's Own Credit Union's (GOCU) representative again and he informed me that GOCU does stand behind our Second Amendent rights and that any legitate gun business is welcome to open a business account with their institution. Just shows that when people stand together, there is power in numbers. I was told they were sorry for any confusion and that my account could be opened ASAP. The firearm industry can now add another banking establishment to their list.

Thanks again everyone and God Bless!!!

UPDATE....
I just received a call from a representative of Georgia's Own Credit Union. He informed me that he was alerted to this blog and will be looking into this matter. I will let everyone know of the outcome regarding GOCU's views regarding our 2nd amendment rights. Thanks to everyone for your support. I for one truely believe this is a very important matter.

Just thought I would let everyone know about Georgia's Own Credit Union believes. I am the owner of a small business that reconditions brass and sells reloading supplies. Last week I went down to Georgia's Own Credit Union, where I have some of my personal accounts, to open a business account. I filled out all the paperwork and was told they would send it to their business unit dept. today I received an email from the Branch Manager stating my application has been declined for the following reason: "Arms Dealer". I refuse to support or bank with an institution that does not support my Second Amendment right.

Just thought I would share this bit of info and if anyone knows of a Second Amendment friendly banking institution, I would be very interested in dealing with them.

God Bless America!!

Last edited:
That's incredible. Maybe try Lockhead Credit Union? I didn't know you could get turned down for a business banking for being a legit biz. Tell everyone you know and I will do the same!

Back
Top Bottom