• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gerber

atljetmech

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
210   0
Reaction score
So my old man always said "never under estimate the power of the pen". Of course in today's world you could substitute email or maybe even text in that statement....

Last month I decided on a whim to "pen" out a little letter to Gerber and send my well used (and often abused) EZ-OUT folder back to them, really not expecting anything to come from it, and besides it only cost me $3.50 (tree-fiddy!) slowest snail mail. It's handle was partially cracked and one rubber insert was missing in addition to what I mentioned in the letter.

Fast forward to today and Big Brown dropped off a package which contained a shiny new model "skeletonized" EZ-OUT!
Thanks Gerber!!

IMG_20181128_110738740_HDR[323].jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Nice!
Have a SOG key knife I've thought about sending in. Back spring wore out and blade will not stay closed. Stuck my hand in my pocket for my keys and got cut. Thankfully is wasn't bad.

Nice. Did they send the old one back, too?

They did not and I did not expect it or the old nylon sheath back.
I asume they processed it as a warranty claim even though that wasn't my intent.
Just the packing slip on box and new knife in it's box inside with some bubble wrap.

The old stuff was pretty good... now days they are making toilets.

Literally making johns. I snagged one of their under $50 folders that looked good. QC has gone down the crapper and big burs, horrible lock up, cheap no name steel blade. A call to Gerber and the guy said to take it back to the vendor I bought it because it was a common complaint... made in China junk now.

Like I said, the older stuff was pretty nice but nothing they’ve released in the last 10 years has been worth a flip

I do like me some elongated porcelain....much roomier!! :becky:

Sign of the times but I hear yeah though. Like Kershaw they got imports and US made models in their line ups.

This is one of their "US Made" models and it looks/feels just as good as the one I sent in but we'll see how it holds up.

Back
Top Bottom