• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get off your fat........

wants to drive to make a deal
Well,
I agree, especially those that list only meet at so and so, such a place, etc, etc. they seem to think their stuff warrants more special attention than others. However, my take on this is that if they are replying to an ad of mine, then, they already know where I am and if they want my item, they can ask if I could meet in the middle, and I usually do, unless it's at peak traffic time, then they can come to me, or my end of 400.

I've driven all over this dang State for a trade and sometimes, I had a long drive back because the A hole didn't show up or call. And yep, I gave bad feedback :thumb:
I usually don't end up driving far, will always meet half way (or more), but there's a special place in hell for no shows. Too harsh?

Seeing more and more "I'll take it if you ship" messages when it clearly states not willing to ship. My truck runs 14 to 15 mpg with diesel at $3.40 ish a gallon and I'm always willing to meet reasonable. I guess I'll start adding a shipping note for $30 to ship and just deliver.

I think you are being sarcastic (or trying to). but there is a lot of truth in what you are saying.

The flip side to the OP is people being unwilling to ship. Not only can they not drive to meet you half way, they can't drive to the Post Office or UPS.

Trying to explain to a seller that even an hour drive, one way, is 6 gallons of gas @ 3.20 and 2 hours of time, absolute minimum, adding $60-70 to the transaction.

I understand "not my problem", but not being willing to ship certainly cuts down on the number of potential purchasers, especially if you are in one of the more remote parts - and I always thought that the purpose of putting it up for sale was to find a buyer.

I'll start adding a shipping note for $30 to ship and just deliver.
That would be a deal. I'd take you up on it.

Back
Top Bottom