• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GET SOME. Official NFA Pic thread.

Anyone here going 8.6?
20220706_115312.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Finally got an MP5. Its been something I've been wanting since the early 2000s. I remember gawking at them on GB way back in 02-03 when they were just cracking 5 figures. I specifically remember looking at a perfect spec one that was 12K, thinking, though that was an astronomical amount, one day I would get one like it.

Over the years I honed in exactly what I wanted. It had to be RR double push pin gun. Some people like sear guns, but I'd rather have something as original as possible from a mechanical standpoint. Absolutely no shelf gun. I had a RR shelf HK51 by Flemming and could not live with the fact it was a shelf gun. It bothered me so much I had to sell it after 6months.

I was looking mainly for a double pushpin by either by Billistic or Qualified. I would entertain other makes, but I pretty much had my heart set on a one of those two. I've bought MGs over the years and had to choose between Billistics PPs that popped up and rare M16s. I chose M16s everytime, but once I got to 4 M16s I told myself I have enough and needed set out to find a Billistic PP.

A/this perfect one popped up on GB with a 35K starting bid in May. Market on Billistic PPs is 45-50K, but regardless, within hours of listing, I email the guy and said I would offer him his starting asking price off GB where he would not have to pay 1200 in seller fees. He agreed, took it down and I pretty much stole it. The dealer did not know much about these or what they are worth. He priced it in the pre 2019 era. He got it at an estate sale, for who knows how much. He certainly made money on it, but he left a lot on the table not doing the market research. He claimed the owner bought it new in 1985 directly from Billistic. Left it in completely original unfired condition as if it left Billistic yesterday.

I don't think I could of found a better example, and I've been keeping my eye out for them for 20yrs. What's more incredibly rare is that it is registered with HK as the manufacturer not Billistic, and the model is a MP5-A3. It was papered like that from at least the estate sale as I'm sure they lost the original form4 from 1985. Not sure how the ATF missed that or let it slide, but I'm not gonna correct them.

Anyways it came in on a form 3 today, so I went to check it out. It is mint mint. It almost pains me to send it off for refinishing. Sending it off to TSC for 3lug conversion. It's already marked MP5, but I'm gonna have him mark it MP5-N. I got a new polymer pictogram lower with 3rnd burst for it. Might also get the one without 3rnd burst for s's&g's. Since it is a double pushin gun, I don't need to modify a thing. I also got several F-type stocks in the case the original was scratched up but it is perfect. Also had a dealer in April do me a favor and ordered me an SP5 at cost. I got it in June, but its literally still in the sealed box 15ft away. I have not even opened it to look it. I was debating on form1ing it, which is why I got all those stocks. Now with the MP5, I have not decided what to do with it. I might give it to the GF so she can patrol the property with me. Pretend she is backup with a gun that looks just like my MP5.

Alright, I'm blabbering now. Here are some pics from a few hrs ago.
20220806_160746.jpg

20220806_160916.jpg

20220806_161246.jpg

20220531_163117.jpg

20220531_171024.jpg

20220531_171753.jpg

Back
Top Bottom