• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting back into reloading after 5 year break

I have powder and primers bought in the 70s that the guy that taught me how to reload gave me that I'm still using up. Out of the 25 or so pounds of powder he gave me only one had gone bad.

Boating accident huh..lol
No your fine, just stay away from the magnum primers unless your loading for a magnum firearm..once u get your feel for loading again, u can maybe reduce your powder a little and use the magnum primers, I would wait a bit before u start making your own cocktail book. You’ll be fine!

No your fine, just stay away from the magnum primers unless your loading for a magnum firearm..once u get your feel for loading again, u can maybe reduce your powder a little and use the magnum primers, I would wait a bit before u start making your own cocktail book. You’ll be fine!
Yeah, I only use the magnum primers when I’m loading 357 magnums

Cost of primers probably not. Ammo prices are still high. Whether that is proportional to powder and primers I dont know. I reload for accuracy in my rifles. Cost is irrelevant. Pistol...my time is worth more than any potential savings on 9mm.
Exactly my reason for reloading. For the predictability of each shot not just to accumulate a mass of ammo. Cost of ammo is high anyway. Why not make the best ammo you can for shot after shot confidence.

I have been fortunate to find a little gun shop just in-between cities that is a cornucopia of selection and supplies. It's a drive but they have anything AR part wise and a great selection or reloading supplies. Not to mention guns at great prices. I have been stocking up on supplies and I keep in touch and go when they get my favorites on the shelf. Great place to have just a ways down the road. It not that far but everything seems longer than it is coming through mountains

Back
Top Bottom