• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting Back on the ATF BS Waiting List!

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Just got back from Quiet Riot. Love that place. Thanks to @sovietak474u for the assistance at QR. They make it easy.

Decided after much debate and research to get a Griffin Armament Optimus multi caliber suppressor. Now the agonizing wait begins again.

Thanks to all for advice given.

It may not be easy, but in a nutshell can you tell me why you chose this particular can? I'm just starting to really look at the options and want to get it right. I'm looking for something that will suppress .30 call rounds, but will also suppress some of the smaller stuff, if possible. Also wondering if the threads are the most commonly used for the variety of hosts. Any help will be appreciated. Good luck getting it out of jail before this time next year. If/when I get mine, it will probably be sometime mid 2021...smh

It may not be easy, but in a nutshell can you tell me why you chose this particular can? I'm just starting to really look at the options and want to get it right. I'm looking for something that will suppress .30 call rounds, but will also suppress some of the smaller stuff, if possible. Also wondering if the threads are the most commonly used for the variety of hosts. Any help will be appreciated. Good luck getting it out of jail before this time next year. If/when I get mine, it will probably be sometime mid 2021...smh

I already have a Rugged Occulus .22 can that took 10 months to get.
I was really up in the air about getting a dedicated 9mm can or a multi-caliber can.
Some multi-caliber cans do not come with pistons or anything else. Good cans but would run into a lot of money for accessories.
If I had gotten a dedicated 9mm now and later decided I wanted one for AR or AK at my age don't want the long wait again.
This Griffin Armament Optimus comes with everything in the box to mount to pistol or rifle except one adapter for AK.
EDIT: It does not come with the Quick Detach Adapters.
Tommy at Quiet Riot showed me a variety of different ones. He is very knowledgeable.
There are a number of good cans, do your research.
Kind of like Fords and Chevys, depends on who you talk to.

Take a look at this:

Reactions: MRH
I was really up in the air about getting a dedicated 9mm can or a multi-caliber can.
Some multi-caliber cans do not come with pistons or anything else. Good cans but would run into a lot of money for accessories.
If I had gotten a dedicated 9mm now and later decided I wanted one for AR or AK at my age don't want the long wait again.
This Griffin Armament Optimus comes with everything in the box to mount to pistol or rifle except one adapter for AK.
Tommy at Quiet Riot showed me a variety of different ones. He is very knowledgeable.

Take a look at this:

Thanks. I am mostly interested in rifles, but my dilemma is I want one that will suppress .30 cal and .22lr...Possibly a PCC if I ever go that route. I realize I may be asking too much in one can, but this is why the multi caliber options intrigue me the most. I need to drive down to QRF one day and get some good info. Thanks again

EDIT: It does not come with the Quick Detach Adapters.

Take a look at this:

This is it! Holy crap I believe this is exactly what I want!

Thanks. I am mostly interested in rifles, but my dilemma is I want one that will suppress .30 cal and .22lr...Possibly a PCC if I ever go that route. I realize I may be asking too much in one can, but this is why the multi caliber options intrigue me the most. I need to drive down to QRF one day and get some good info. Thanks again

This one will suppress .22 and .30.
One reason I like this one also is that it is serviceable. Take apart and clean the baffles in ultrasound or tumbler. One caveat is that you have to remember that .22 is dirty as hell. Have to clean more often.
When you say .30, which one? You will need a thread adapter for AK. Not a big ticket item.

This one will suppress .22 and .30.
One reason I like this one also is that it is serviceable. Take apart and clean the baffles in ultrasound or tumbler. One caveat is that you have to remember that .22 is dirty as hell. Have to clean more often.
When you say .30, which one? You will need a thread adapter for AK. Not a big ticket item.

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of .308, maybe 6.5cm. I just watched the entire video and it looks like a great option. I really like that it comes with all those adapters.

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of .308, maybe 6.5cm. I just watched the entire video and it looks like a great option. I really like that it comes with all those adapters.

I am not sure if it is clear in the video that the Quick Detach Adapters are not included. They are separate.

The thing about buying suppressors that I hate is that there is no good way to compare. I would like to test them first. Not many places you can do that unless you know someone that has one or you can go to one of these meets they have once in a while.
Also by the time your stamp comes in they already have new models out.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom