• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting my first zero turn mower - which one?

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
27   0
Reaction score
I've looked at the Bobcat CRZ & Scag Liberty both in 52". The Bobcat has a thicker deck - thicker than most in the $4000-$4500 range. That's about all I know. Any ideas or suggestions? Better brands in that price range? I'll be cutting about 2 acres every 2 weeks - mostly all flat with trees.

I have a bad boy and it does okay, weak hydraulic system and slow my biggest complaint. Have a Husqvarna which moves much faster and better hydraulics but tends to build a lot of grass up on the deck bottom. If/when I buy my next one it will be a Scag, Kubota diesel, or Gravely.

I stay away from the Lowes/Home Depot zero turns. I've had good experiences with Gravely, Scag, and Dixie Chopper(but they're out of business now). If you can find a good used commercial mower it will last a long longer than a consumer model. They're made a lot stronger, thicker decks, better motor, etc. I see plenty of guys using ExMarks too.

I have a Scag but my next one will be an Ferris 800 the ride so much better and the 800 , has a $1000.00 rebate this month, there cut quality is better than my Scag

I stay away from the Lowes/Home Depot zero turns. I've had good experiences with Gravely, Scag, and Dixie Chopper(but they're out of business now). If you can find a good used commercial mower it will last a long longer than a consumer model. They're made a lot stronger, thicker decks, better motor, etc. I see plenty of guys using ExMarks too.

The ExMark is built like a tank. The deck is at least 3/16" thick if not 1/4" thick.

Lots of great fittings, about 20.

2338C8A3-F266-4817-A8AA-BEFC48700E77.jpeg
1DB32826-2B97-4653-91EF-81CBD5502AC1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom