• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting my first zero turn mower - which one?

I got a toro pro with 62in deck and Kawasaki engine. Friggin love it! Had several of the cheaper home depot versions but they only last a few seasons and start falling apart. I have 3/4 acre. My pops has about an acre and I cut grass at deer camp. Which is over 2 acres. Season#2 with this one and had zero problems. It's also a 2001 model
20190416_195955.jpg

Another thing to look at.... Width of the deck / cutting radius...

My 5 acres is hilly with holes and bumps.... I use a 44" wide.... If I got a wider deck, I would be missing lots of high grass in the holes and scalping all the bumps.

If you have flat property, go with the wider decks....

Another thing to look at.... Width of the deck / cutting radius...

My 5 acres is hilly with holes and bumps.... I use a 44" wide.... If I got a wider deck, I would be missing lots of high grass in the holes and scalping all the bumps.

If you have flat property, go with the wider decks....
That too, I cant stand seeing a yard some landscaping crew cut that didn't realize this. You can see all the patches where they scalped it or missed the grass.

I have had a TORO with Kawasaki engine 52" cut for 10 years. Have been cutting 5&1/2 rough acres. I have it serviced once at the beginning of every season, new belts, new blades, oil change and lube. My helper ran it into the pond and submerged it in 9 feet of water the day I got it back from being serviced. He retrieved it from the water with the front end loader and placed it on the trailer. I took it back to the ACE Hardware where I get it serviced and the drained and replaced all the fluids several times.When I picked it up I was told it was running great but because it went into the water running and hot I could lose a rod, piston or anything at any time no way to tell until it happened. Anyway that was the spring of 2019 and haven't had so much as hiccup since. When I first bought my property it was all grown up unattended to for two years, it took a 50 horse John Deer with a bush hog to do the initial cutting and clean up. After that I have maintained it with the Toro in less time and does a better job. Very few pieces of equipment I have ever purchased have met my expectations, but the Toro is one that definitely has surpassed any and all of my expectations.

Why
I have had a TORO with Kawasaki engine 52" cut for 10 years. Have been cutting 5&1/2 rough acres. I have it serviced once at the beginning of every season, new belts, new blades, oil change and lube. My helper ran it into the pond and submerged it in 9 feet of water the day I got it back from being serviced. He retrieved it from the water with the front end loader and placed it on the trailer. I took it back to the ACE Hardware where I get it serviced and the drained and replaced all the fluids several times.When I picked it up I was told it was running great but because it went into the water running and hot I could lose a rod, piston or anything at any time no way to tell until it happened. Anyway that was the spring of 2019 and haven't had so much as hiccup since. When I first bought my property it was all grown up unattended to for two years, it took a 50 horse John Deer with a bush hog to do the initial cutting and clean up. After that I have maintained it with the Toro in less time and does a better job. Very few pieces of equipment I have ever purchased have met my expectations, but the Toro is one that definitely has surpassed any and all of my expectations.
Why do you call him a helper?

Back
Top Bottom