• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting my first zero turn mower - which one?

I just got my second zero turn. First was a Toro homeowner model. Did fine. I needed another mower so I could move old one to my other house in Athens with much smaller yard. This time I got a Toro commercial mower. Its been great so for. From what I understand Toro owns Exmark. Was going to get Exmark but got more bang for the buck with the Toro. Talked to previous owner of the shop and he told me I made the right decision. Been doing business with this shop for 34 years.

I have the Ex Mark with the 23hp Kawasaki engine. Bought it used. Been using it for four years now with no issues. Oil changes, one belt, sharpen the blades 2 times a year and I did replace the mower deck wheels this spring when I put on sharpened blades. Great machine!

I have a Bobcat that is 20 years old. Still runs great, with mostly basic maintenance. It is a 61" ...I also have 2 Scags, both 52" , and they too are excellent. I've had one of them for 5 years and the other for 1 year, so I don't have the long history like I do with the Bobcat, but all of them have Kawasaki motors, and I highly recommend Kawasaki motors for all lawnmowers.

I’ve owned an older exmark laser z with the Trion deck for years now. Cuts great built like a tank. Only complaint is cutting damp grass. Sticks to the deck horrible. Have to constantly clean the deck when cutting if it’s remotely wet grass. After research and test driving, John Deere with the 7 iron pro deck will be my next mower.

Ferris with a Kawasaki engine. Expensive but worth every penny. Excellent on uneven terrain. The ex's new pecker-head is using mine. Base model will run you $4000.

Back
Top Bottom