• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting my first zero turn mower - which one?

Have a commercial John Deere and a residential Cub Cadet. Both have been trouble free but John Deere parts are expensive (busted hood) and the Cub handles weird, especially on slopes.

Friend owns a mowing business and runs Scags. No issues in the years I’ve known him.

I got a commercial grade Hustler. Love it. It's what 2 counties here use. I know 2 folks that bought John Deere. Both had trouble. I don't know but I think they had wiring harness issues and the shop guys were replacing parts.

Didn’t read through the whole post but... I was a small engine Tech for Howard Brothers for 6 years.
-Don’t buy a Zero turn from a big box store or even Tractor Supply
-Don’t buy John Deere unless you have a dealer near you and enjoy over paying for parts
-Make sure there is a local dealer that carries parts and services whatever brand you buy
-Hard to go wrong with an Exmark or Scag. Always preferred a Kawasaki or Honda engine. Nothing wrong with the commercial series Kohlers but not my top preference.
-Buy once cry once. Don’t cheap out.
- A well maintained exmark will last you a very long time.
-a suspension seat goes a long way for comfort if you have a lot of property to cut.

I know nothing about these mowers but I have a lot of faith in anything with a Honda engine.
If I were buying for myself Id look for that first.

Can you tell me more? Looking at an Exmark with 2300 hours on it. Doesn't look that great, but seller is saying its been well maintained. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I will tell you that when I looked for my Used Exmark... My first criteria was to find one that was not used commercially. 2300 hours appears to be one with commercial usage. Verify maintenance records if you can... Maybe get an Exmark shop to look at it

Back
Top Bottom