• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting some weird Bigfoot activity in North Georgia.

Not me.
I never felt threatened or scared in any way.
I just figured it was an animal doing its thing as I don't shake that easily but my buddy was pretty freaked out and scared to hunt there by himself now. LOl.

I kinda feel at home in the woods and all this stuff just feels " normal" to me.

I don't know if that sounds weird but all that I have seen and heard just seems natural and I never felt really alarmed or way out of my element.
Yesterday in rain in my tree stand I heard that weird snarky noise which something obviously seemed pissed off but I never felt scared or threatened but it did put me on alert.

If I came across one I would not shoot it and becoming famous or rich would be the last thing on my mind if presented with such a rare opportunity.

If they are here I am sure they have been around much longer than we have so they are entitled to respect especially if they can rip you from limb to limb but only make noises to scare you off.

Got my camera ready with a special mount for my crossbow that I fabbed up so hopefully I will be able to at least get some sound on video should I encounter this again.

Last edited:
Growing up as a kid, I would hunt with my great uncles 2 of witch are Cherokee indians.
On my dads side of the faimly made us part Cree indians.
And nobody was hitting the peace pipe at the time,lol
We would hunt sometimes around the Great Dismal Swamp in Virginia, and they would always tell me that if I came across the Kushtaka, Not to look him in the eye
but to show him respect and he would let me pass.
When I would ask what that was, they would kinda laugh and say "just dont look him in the eye". ????
It wasnt until I was near 20 years old that at a faimly get together I was telling my aunt how he and his brother would kid me when I was younger hunting with them about the "Kushtaka" and that the joke worked.
I would spend allday watching out for this Thing ,when I didnt have a clue what it looked like,lol
My Aunt told me what it was and I laughed and said thats a hell of a joke to play on a kid in the woods by himself.
When my Uncle pipes up and says, "Who the hell said I was joking? I have seen him".
He wasnt smiling when he said it, so I was never sure after that.

But the next time you go you should carry along a little digital recorder to see if you can get an audio of it.??

With the way the deer herd up there has looked these last few years, these boys must be hurtin'. I wonder if they'll start pushing down into the northern suburbs like the bears have? ;)

FOR ALL YOU FELLAS PLANNING ON UNLOADING YOUR WEAPON IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF THE WEIRD SOUND...I'm going to be home for leave in December and plan on doing a little hunting in Coopers Creek. If any of y'all are going to be hunting there let me know and I will go somewhere else. LOL

An artists conception of what an encounter with a Sasquatch may look like.

[video=youtube_share;fcyCQT-FKCA]http://youtu.be/fcyCQT-FKCA[/video]

Just get you some Jack links or whatever they are advertising in Messing With Bigfoot ads, make a trail to a cardboard box propped up with a stick, tie a string to the stick, and when he goes into the box, pull the string and you will have the first live captured bigfoot! You are going to need a refrigerator box though, I think!!

Just get you some Jack links or whatever they are advertising in Messing With Bigfoot ads, make a trail to a cardboard box propped up with a stick, tie a string to the stick, and when he goes into the box, pull the string and you will have the first live captured bigfoot! You are going to need a refrigerator box though, I think!!

Nah, that coyote tried it with the roadrunner and it didn't work man...

FOR ALL YOU FELLAS PLANNING ON UNLOADING YOUR WEAPON IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF THE WEIRD SOUND...I'm going to be home for leave in December and plan on doing a little hunting in Coopers Creek. If any of y'all are going to be hunting there let me know and I will go somewhere else. LOL

Nobody said anything about shooting toward a sound. Only if face to face.
Reading comprehension seems to be really low on the ODT lately.

Nobody said anything about shooting toward a sound. Only if face to face.
Reading comprehension seems to be really low on the ODT lately.

Wow...I think you just called me stupid in an open forum. First of all...I was joking. Second...this is why I posted why I did:

"If its real, why hasn't anyone shot one ? I know I'm in the woods and hear all that, I'm unloading!" Post 12

"Carry a ar with some soft points,then unload a beta mag in that direction. Wait,then go look for blood. I hear the squatch is some goooood eat'n!" Post 22

"If I heard that noise near me while I was hunting, the first thing I'd do would be to crap my britches.

Then I'd go Winchester in the direction of the noise." Post 30

I guess you and I just comprehend things differently.

Back
Top Bottom