• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting Started Reloading

I have 2 reloading presses and I don't know how to use either. However, I want to start gathering the needed equipment to use whichever one is better for loading 147 grain 9mm. Also, I'm really hoping without having to purchase a press, it will help get my shooting costs down quicker if I enjoy doing it in my free time. The reason for trying to figure out what I'm missing is that there are plenty of people in my family and friends that load and I plan on learning everything I can before I attempt to load anything, but if I can start piecing together everything I need it will help soften the blow on my wallet... Looks like I have a MEC 600 JR with just the items in the picture and the other press appears to be a Lee Progressive 1000, also looks like I have some 44 mag dies.
View attachment 915078 View attachment 915082
I like this die set, it's done really well for me. Also I would get a scale to check your powder drop and make sure it is throwing what it says it is. Also get a pair of calipers to check your over all length of your bullet after you have put it together. Other than that it looks like you're set up. Just make sure it's nice and quite while your reloading, if somebody walks in the room just stop. Also me being new and kind of getting in a hurry I loaded a few rounds with no powder starting out and had a squib load a time or 2. Carry a hammer and dowel with you to the range in case this happens. Nothing worse than shooting and getting a bullet stuck in the barrel to end your range trip.
https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-Carbide-4-Die-Luger/dp/B00162TEWG

Back
Top Bottom