Getting tired of all the bs.

Want to trade for this? Am local.
Sure - time and day?
Silence.

I give you $xx for 5.
OK - when?
Silence

I want it.
Sorry - you did not answer me right away with an "I will take it" - so I sold it. (after several PMs and I do have a life outside of ODT.)

Item listed at $300.
I'll give you $200.
Turns out this guy has been looking for what I listed and after finding the cheaper version for $200 at his LGS and what he wants for more than the one I have listed - tries to lowball me.
Nope.

It seems as if ODT has become a third world country much of the time. Similar to Craigslist.
Either everyone has A.D.D. or some sort of instant gratification syndrome.
Getting old quick.

Not only is this **** show the buyer is not a man of his word, but Ive found whats most annoying is the situation where this usually happens.

You post something for a good deal, and these assholes show up more than if you did a market price. The last time this happened to me was years ago when I held the item for the guy for two weeks! Didnt hear or het a response until I sold it a week later. And of course the guy was upset because he "thought he was buying it". Me too dude.

I’ve learned you have to be patient on this site, eventually the person that’s going to buy your item will see it and give you what you want. I just give the low ballers a no thanks. Ive had deal of the day before and still been offered $100 less than the item :)

Ive noticed a low price on things seems to bring more of these type people than a normal prices item.

waters-1.gif

Ive noticed a low price on things seems to bring more of these type people than a normal prices item.

LOL! You speak the truth. I’ve only dealt with a couple of firearms in the $200-350 range. The flakes will pummel you with nonsense and low ball offers. I will never do it again!!!

I'll take it....but what's your lowest rock-bottom price? I have all kinds of stories too.

My solution is a new feedback item...in yellow. If somebody says "I take it" in a PM or posted on the ad, but then never follows through (within 1 wk?) then you can list this as feedback. Would show up as a yellow item - so it would be different from green/red. That way they would only say it, if they were going to follow through. If they didn't - this would be a consequence of that lack of action on their part. We could all see the ones that kept doing it.

I still meet and do business with plenty of great people on here..
Just did a great deal with @blazedawg87
Went to the shooting range with @BullseyeBoomer
Went hunting with @Smokejr2 and he helped me put a feeder up.
Had a great chat with @BigH07 about hunting
Did a great deal with @Ez2find2

there are plenty of great members left!

Back
Top Bottom