• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GHB contents

2 people? Start with a seagull by MSR size 1100ml. Then add a home made alcohol stove (HOW TO on my YouTube channel) and prob some Mountain House meals.

Seagull is on the way. Looks like the perfect size for the application.
I watched your tuna can stove video a while back and collected everything but the insulation. I'll need to get up in the attic and swipe a piece.

I have some flashing to make the wind guard. Did you just punch the holes with a paper punch?
Got to round up spoons/forks, a small bottle for fuel and I think coffee will be needed for MY moral. hmm.

Now I'm starting to think about tin cans with lids and inspect the recycle bin for anything that might be usable for the kit. This is all your fault Survivor Johnny Survivor Johnny

Ha! I carry instant coffee for my moral too and I'm working on a really small coffee press to make really strong coffee by the cup. Mmmm coffee

Seagull is on the way. Looks like the perfect size for the application.
I watched your tuna can stove video a while back and collected everything but the insulation. I'll need to get up in the attic and swipe a piece.

I have some flashing to make the wind guard. Did you just punch the holes with a paper punch?
Got to round up spoons/forks, a small bottle for fuel and I think coffee will be needed for MY moral. hmm.

Now I'm starting to think about tin cans with lids and inspect the recycle bin for anything that might be usable for the kit. This is all your fault Survivor Johnny Survivor Johnny

Yep, just a hole punch and the thin aluminum flashing but you could also use the thick tinfoil pans (like you bake a turkey in) to cut your wind screen from

It is all my fault MUHWAHAHAHA

I sometimes carry things into the grocery store and walk around testing it to size against cans. That's how I sized the can for the hobo stove that fits the Stanley Pot

Last edited:
Ha! I carry instant coffee for my moral too and I'm working on a really small coffee press to make really strong coffee by the cup. Mmmm coffee

I travel with an AeroPress, a hand coffee grinder, an electric pot and a few baggies of my own fresh roasted beans.
--The AeroPress rocks!!!--

For a long walk home, I guess I could settle for freeze dried coffee made with real creek water.

LOL SJ has that effect on people.

I have a bag full of cans in the garage. Mostly the short chicken/tuna fish cans, and the big ones (like large Spagetti-Os cans).
Plus left over metal tins from Christmas cookies, Altoids tins, etc.
They are so thin that they are super light, and cost nothing, so you can trash them after a camping trip.

Steel cans, especially the big ones, are hard to find with the shift to aluminum cans.
Note: if the inside of the can is white, it is a painted aluminum can----no good for cooking over a fire.

I even have a can in my GHB; it fits perfectly over my SOL bivy sack, so doesn't take up any space. It does give me extra water boiling capacity.

WARNING: you know you are in trouble when you realize that you have mapped out the locations of every prickly pear cactus and yucca plant in your area!
Thanks Johnny,
:thumb:

Yucca rocks
LOL SJ has that effect on people.

I have a bag full of cans in the garage. Mostly the short chicken/tuna fish cans, and the big ones (like large Spagetti-Os cans).
Plus left over metal tins from Christmas cookies, Altoids tins, etc.
They are so thin that they are super light, and cost nothing, so you can trash them after a camping trip.

Steel cans, especially the big ones, are hard to find with the shift to aluminum cans.
Note: if the inside of the can is white, it is a painted aluminum can----no good for cooking over a fire.

I even have a can in my GHB; it fits perfectly over my SOL bivy sack, so doesn't take up any space. It does give me extra water boiling capacity.

WARNING: you know you are in trouble when you realize that you have mapped out the locations of every prickly pear cactus and yucca plant in your area!
Thanks Johnny,
:thumb:
lol, yucca rocks and who doesn't like the yum of a CLEANED prickly pear fruit

Last edited:
It's funny, even tho I have been a roofer for over 30yrs (and all stereo types applied) about 8 years ago I married an LEO and had 2 kids and now I don't even know what's on "the streets" I did see a drug in Russia that makes your skin fall off on YouTube. What ever happened to just getting a buzz? Now they get naked on the street and eat people's face. WTF?

people just can't handle their high anymore. freakin losers. just do normal drugs like everyone else.

Great posts SJ!

What's your opinion on the silver reflective "emergency blankets"?

The mylar ones?

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_91D_2BwHgSh7L._SL1500_.jpg

Great posts SJ!

What's your opinion on the silver reflective "emergency blankets"?

The mylar ones?

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_91D_2BwHgSh7L._SL1500_.jpg

I always pack at least one.
They suck as a blanket (condensation), but they have many other uses.
With the help of a vacuum sealer, they squish flat too.

I like the slightly more expensive "sleeping bag" style blanket.
It is more effective as a blanket, and you can easily cut the seams open for use as a rain fly, wind deflector, ground cloth, etc.

Back
Top Bottom